Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding date when using awk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding date when using awk Post 302439402 by Franklin52 on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 12:07:53 PM
Old 07-22-2010
Something like this?
Code:
awk -v d=$(date +"%m-%d-%Y") 'END{print NR, FILENAME, d}' OFS="|" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding date to cron log

Hi. I'm trying to output the current date to a cronjob log file. Nothing seems to work, echo $(date), echo `date` or just date in the script. I'm using /sbin/sh Any ideas? Thanks, John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnH
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a date as a first column

I want to add a date to a record which is appended to a file that gets its data from an external source. An explanation: 1. Getting external data: curl http://www.example.com/temperatures.txt 2. Getting the required record: | grep mylocation 3. Appending to file: >> mytemperatures.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a date to the last of each file name

i have some files in my directory....wit names say aaa, bbb, ccc,,,,, i want to make loop so that for each file name,,,,,,a sysdate should be appended in the end.........and the files should look like aaa_20100331 i knw date can be appended as `date +"%Y%m%d"` but m nt able to make a loop. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding days to system date then compare to a date

Hi! I am trying to read a file and every line has a specific date as one of its fields. I want to take that date and compare it to the date today plus 6 days. while read line do date=substr($line, $datepos, 8) #date is expected to be YYYYMMDD if ; then ...proceed commands ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding hours and minutes to current date (Only to date not to time)

Hi, I want to add some hours and minutes to the current date. For example, if the current date is "July 16, 2012 15:20", i want to add 5 hours 30 minutes to "July 16, 2012 00:00" not to "July 16, 2012 15:20". Please help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojgarg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding date to file

I want this: 0.0230769,0.407692,0.307692,0,0.1,1.4,1,0,ADD DATE HERE, im getting this: 11/02/12 0.00192308,0.0269231,0.0192308,0,0.1,1.4,1,0, my script: #!/bin/ksh DIR=/export/home/yani_m/scripts/scrip_out_put/ DIR2=/export/home/yani_m/scripts/scrip_out_put/calc/ Date=$1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LucyYani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding/ Subtracting from Date

Hi , How can I add/substruct x number of days with date? For example My_Date=`date` Now I need Hope it's clear. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with adding date

Hi All, Please let me know the error in the below code. m=(0 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec) M=$(date +%m) Y=$(date +%Y) if ; then M=01 Y=$(($Y+1)) else M=$M+1)printf "01-%s-%d\n" ${m} $Y fi Log: + m=(0 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec) ++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding one day to a date

Hi All, I want to add one day to a date and store it in a variable. From GUI we are passing value (last day of the month)to $t_date. This $t_date will give me the value like this %Y%m%d 20150531. Now I want to add one day to this value and store it in a variable "datein". datein should... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding days to date

Hi, please can somebody let me know the easiest way to add days to a date. I can do this in perl but would like to able to do it in a shell script. Desired output would be: date +'%Y-%m-%d' + 10 = 2016-05-02 Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy391791
8 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)