Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change Mount point
Operating Systems AIX Change Mount point Post 302439237 by zaxxon on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 06:27:21 AM
Old 07-22-2010
If sufficient, you can create a link on it.
Else use
Code:
smitty chfs

to change the mount point. You will have to re-mount the filesystem afterwards. The smitty menu is rather self-explanatory.

For a command line solution check the man page of chfs.

If you have a very urgent problem to be solved, there is a special sub forum to post in just for this type of questions:
https://www.unix.com/emergency-unix-l...pport-help-me/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount point lost

hi , I was applying patches after that when i reboot i get these message. I did not do anything other thatn this. Now i am unable to start my oracle . Tell me how to solve this These are the error messages forceload of /drv/rdriver failed /drv/rdmexus failed ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathiya
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount point

hi people, I'm trying to create a mount point, but am having no sucess at all, with the following: mount -F ufs /dev/dsk/diskname /newdirectory but i keep getting - mount-point /newdirectory doesn't exist. What am i doing wrong/missing? Thanks Rc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concept of mount point

Hi All I Know it is a really basic and stupid question perhaps...But I am going bonkers.. I have following valid paths in my unix system: 1. /opt/cdedev/informatica/InfSrv/app/bin 2. /vikas/cdedev/app Both refer to the same physical location. So if I created one file 'test' in first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikas Sood
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question on change of mount point

Hello Folks, had a basic question mount point and renaming it. on AIX 5.3 box, I have a filesystem Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Mounted on /dev/issclv01 1.00 0.50 50% /issc/doc Now instead of /issc/doc, i want to rename it to /issc is it as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mount point options

Hello all, I'm sharing 1 volume from a Sun Storage array (6130), out to 2 servers. Created a slice on one server and mounted a filesystem. On the other server the disk already sees the created slice from the other server (shared throught the storage array, so mounted this filesystem as well. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the file modification time of a file on nfs mount point

Hi I am accessing a file on nfs mounted device, after completing using of the file, i am tring to restore the access time and modification times of the file. So i got the previous modified time of the file using stat() function and trying to set the date and time for the file, To set these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change permissions on a mount point

I have an assignment where I have to temporarily change the permissions on a mount point so that an ordinary user can't access it. Can anybody explain how to do this? I know that to change permissions you can use chmod. First I'm not sure which category "ordinary user" would fall under: owner,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: livos23
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Mount Point Sorting?

Dear Gurus, Could it be possible to have the output of df -k sorted? The df -k output messed up after recent power trip. Also, is there any folders that I should look into to reduce the root size (other than /var/adm and /var/crash) after server crash? Many thanks in advance. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to change the mount point of LV?

I have situation where my disk upon reboot, has its mount point as # LOGICAL VOLUME: disk4vol VOLUME GROUP: disk4vg LV IDENTIFIER: 00f609aa00004c0000000152414b786c.1 PERMISSION: read/write VG STATE: active/complete LV STATE: closed/syncd TYPE: jfs2 WRITE VERIFY: off MAX LPs: 512 PP SIZE: 512... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
vfstab(4)                                                          File Formats                                                          vfstab(4)

NAME
vfstab - table of file system defaults DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/vfstab describes defaults for each file system. The information is stored in a table with the following column headings: device device mount FS fsck mount mount to mount to fsck point type pass at boot options The fields in the table are space-separated and show the resource name (device to mount), the raw device to fsck (device to fsck), the default mount directory (mount point), the name of the file system type (FS type), the number used by fsck to decide whether to check the file system automatically (fsck pass), whether the file system should be mounted automatically by mountall (mount at boot), and the file system mount options (mount options). (See respective mount file system man page below in SEE ALSO for mount options.) A '-' is used to indicate no entry in a field. This may be used when a field does not apply to the resource being mounted. The getvfsent(3C) family of routines is used to read and write to /etc/vfstab. /etc/vfstab can be used to specify swap areas. An entry so specified, (which can be a file or a device), will automatically be added as a swap area by the /sbin/swapadd script when the system boots. To specify a swap area, the device-to-mount field contains the name of the swap file or device, the FS-type is "swap", mount-at-boot is "no" and all other fields have no entry. EXAMPLES
The following are vfstab entries for various file system types supported in the Solaris operating environment. Example 1: NFS and UFS Mounts The following entry invokes NFS to automatically mount the directory /usr/local of the server example1 on the client's /usr/local directory with read-only permission: example1:/usr/local - /usr/local nfs - yes ro The following example assumes a small departmental mail setup, in which clients mount /var/mail from a server mailsvr. The following entry would be listed in each client's vfstab: mailsvr:/var/mail - /var/mail nfs - yes intr,bg The following is an example for a UFS file system in which logging is enabled: /dev/dsk/c2t10d0s0 /dev/rdsk/c2t10d0s0 /export/local ufs 3 yes logging See mount_nfs(1M) for a description of NFS mount options and mount_ufs(1M) for a description of UFS options. Example 2: pcfs Mounts The following example mounts a pcfs file system on a fixed hard disk on an x86 machine: /dev/dsk/c1t2d0p0:c - /win98 pcfs - yes - The example below mounts a Jaz drive on a SPARC machine. Normally, the volume management daemon (see vold(1M)) handles mounting of remov- able media, obviating a vfstab entry. If you choose to specify a device that supports removable media in vfstab, be sure to set the mount- at-boot field to no, as below. Such an entry presumes you are not running vold. /dev/dsk/c1t2d0s2:c - /jaz pcfs - no - For removable media on a SPARC machine, the convention for the slice portion of the disk identifier is to specify s2, which stands for the entire medium. For pcfs file systems on x86 machines, note that the disk identifier uses a p (p0) and a logical drive (c, in the /win98 example above) for a pcfs logical drive. See mount_pcfs(1M) for syntax for pcfs logical drives and for pcfs-specific mount options. Example 3: CacheFS Mount Below is an example for a CacheFS file system. Because of the length of this entry and the fact that vfstab entries cannot be continued to a second line, the vfstab fields are presented here in a vertical format. In re-creating such an entry in your own vfstab, you would enter values as you would for any vfstab entry, on a single line. device to mount: svr1:/export/abc device to fsck: /usr/abc mount point: /opt/cache FS type: cachefs fsck pass: 7 mount at boot: yes mount options: local-access,bg,nosuid,demandconst,backfstype=nfs,cachedir=/opt/cache See mount_cachefs(1M) for CacheFS-specific mount options. Example 4: Loopback File System Mount The following is an example of mounting a loopback (lofs) file system: /export/test - /opt/test lofs - yes - See lofs(7FS) for an overview of the loopback file system. SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), mount(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), mount_hsfs(1M), mount_nfs(1M), mount_tmpfs(1M), mount_ufs(1M), swap(1M), getvfsent(3C) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 21 Jun 2001 vfstab(4)