Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use awk for printing line from database table? Post 302439184 by zaxxon on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 04:33:48 AM
Old 07-22-2010
Code:
while read LINE; do printf "%-500s\n" "$LINE"; done < infile > newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing a line number using awk

Hi Chaps, I'm trying to print the line number of a comma delimited file where the second field in the line is blank using AWK. Here is the code I have so far where am I going wrong. It is the last column in the file. nawk -v x==0 'BEGIN {FS=",";OFS=","} x++ if ($2 == " ") print $x' bob.tst ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsha1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing a specific line using AWK

Hi, I have a script that fetches only specific information from fcinfo command. Below is a portion of the script. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x HBA_COUNT=`sudo fcinfo hba-port | grep -i state | awk 'END{print NR}'` echo "$HBA_COUNT HBAs exist" echo '........' INDEX=1 while $INDEX -le... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake_won
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maybe by AWK: printing help diagonal matrix characters into line

Hi Experts, I want to print this charts diagonal data into straight lines. This is a matrix 24X24 Horizontal and vertical. - I want to print all the diagonal cutting characters into straight line: Data: E F S S A H A L L A T M C N O T S O B O D U Q H I W I B N L O C N I L N L A N S I N... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and printing line with awk

Hi there, I'm trying to use awk to print out the entire line that contains a match to a certain regex and then append some text,plus the match to the end of the line. So far I have: awk -F: '{print "RG:Z:" $2}' file Which prints out the match I want plus the additional text, but I'm stuck... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim_lad
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to find max and printing entire line

Hi folks, I am very new to awk. I have what is probably a very simple question. I'm trying to get the max value of column 1, but also print column 2. My data looks like this: 0.044|2000-02-03 14:00:00 5.23|2000-02-03 05:45:00 5.26|2000-02-03 11:15:00 0|2000-02-01 18:30:00 So in this case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandarobe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed , awk script for printing matched line before regular expression

hi All , I am having a large file with lots of modules as shown below ############################################### module KKK kksd kskks jsn;lsm jsnlsn; Ring jjsjsj kskmsm jjs endmodule module llll 1kksd11 k232skks j33sn;l55sm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Comparing arguments with in line values of file and printing the result

I need to develop a script where I will take two date arguments as parameter date1 and date2 which will in format YYYYMM. Below is the input file say sample.txt. sample.txt will have certain blocks starting with P1. Each block will have a value 118,1:TIMESTAMP. I need to compare the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: garvit184
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a text file line by line and insert into a database table?

I have a test file that I want to read and insert only certain lines into the the table based on a filter. 1. Rread the log file 12 Hours back Getdate() -12 Hours 2. Extract the following information on for lines that say "DUMP is complete" A. Date B. Database Name C.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printing output to new line

Hi I have a file profile.txt with the below input: {"atgUserId":"736f14c4-eda2-4531-9d40-9de4d6d1fb0f","firstName":"donna","lastName":"biehler","email":"schoolathome42@live.com","receiveEmail":"y es"}, {"atgUserId":"c3716baf-9bf8-42da-8a44-a13fff68d20f","firstName":"Gilberto... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
plaintov(1Vi)															     plaintov(1Vi)

NAME
plaintov - convert image from Vista plain file format to Vista data file SYNOPSIS
plaintov [-option ...] [infile] [outfile] DESCRIPTION
plaintov reads an image in Vista plain file format and writes is as a Vista data file. Plain file format, defined in Vplain(5Vi), allows a small image to be created entirely using a text editor because it represents pixel val- ues in ASCII. In a Vista data file, those pixel values are encoded in binary. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
plaintov accepts the following options: -help Prints a message describing options. -in infile Specifies the input file, which is in Vista plain file format. -out outfile Specifies the output file, which will be a Vista data file. -name name Specifies the name to be given the converted image. Default: ``image''. Input and output files can be specified on the command line or allowed to default to the standard input and output streams. SEE ALSO
VImage(3Vi), Vplain(5Vi), Vfile(5Vi), Vista(7Vi) AUTHOR
Daniel Ko <ko@cs.ubc.ca> Vista Version 1.12 3 March 1994 plaintov(1Vi)