Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to relay mail to mail server from Unix ? Post 302439178 by sourabhsharma on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 04:23:43 AM
Old 07-22-2010
How to relay mail to mail server from Unix ?

Hi,

I need to send email notifications from Unix/Linux box to users using mailx.

In these Unix/Linux boxes mail is not configured however we are having mail server configured in our LAN.

Could you please provide instructions to configure relay in these boxes so that we can relay our mails to existing mail server from Unix/Linux boxes?

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minimal Mail Server Setup for Local Mail Transfer

I am trying to get stored mail out of an old mail client. I figured that the easiest way to do it is with IMAP by logging in with both clients. I can copy the mail to the server from the old mail client, and back down into the new mail client. Rather than using a real mail account on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify second mail relay in Solaris?

Dears, I've configured Solaris (10) server to send mails to corporate mailboxes. Now I need to specify second relay, so if mailx will see that mail xxx@aaa.com it will send to 111.111.111.111 (aaa.com) and if it will see that mail belongs to bbb.com - xxx@bbb.com it will send to another IP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring second mail relay

Hi all, Once I already asked about this problem, but didn't get solution, so I am opening new thread. Hope to get help from you guys. So, my problem is: I have Solaris 10 based server. I have a script which should send mails using mailx (can use another if needed). What I need is -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Relay mail server

Hi, I have a postfix mail server on centos 6. (mailserver.mydomain.com ) I want to send mail through my mail server from other linux server ( server1 ), so that it will use mail server IP address. I have tried. myhostname = server1.mydomain.com relayhost = mailserver.mydomain.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need an help in configuring Postfix mail relay server

Hello, We have 2 servers, server A and Server B in same domain. I have already configured the Serevr A to send an email to the internet (outside domain) by opening the port 25 to the internet. Now I need to send an email to the outside domain from Server B using server A. I have opened the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathishbabu89
1 Replies
WARNQUOTA.CONF(5)						File Formats Manual						 WARNQUOTA.CONF(5)

NAME
warnquota.conf - configuration for warnquota SYNOPSIS
/etc/warnquota.conf DESCRIPTION
The warnquota.conf file stores a configuration for warnquota(8) tool which is used to notify an user or a group who exceeds its disk quota limits. The syntax is an option name followed by a equal sign and the option value. White space characters surrounding the option names and values are allowed. Empty lines or lines starting with a hash sign or a semicolon are ignored. An option value can but does not have to be quoted. The value can span across multiple lines provided each previous line ends with a back- slash. Some option values can contain formatting sequences which will be expanded to their respective values. Following sequences are recognizes: %d domain name %h host name %i, %s user or group name %% literal % character | new-line character OPTIONS
CC_BEFORE Send to copy-carbon address only when an user has less than specified grace time left. Value is a number followed by a time unit. Known units are seconds, minutes, hours, and days. Example: 5 days CC_TO An e-mail address to put into copy-carbon (CC:) recipient header. Default value is root. CHARSET Defines character set for sent e-mails. Default value will be current locale character set used when executing warn- quota command, if locale is not either C or POSIX. Otherwise none character set will be specified in the e-mails. FROM Defines From: e-email address. Default value is support@localhost. GROUP_MESSAGE A text sent as an e-mail body if a group exceeds its limits. This option recognizes formatting sequences. GROUP_SIGNATURE A signature text appended to notification for a group. Default value is a general explanation utilizing SUPPORT and PHONE values. This option recognizes formatting sequences. LDAP_BASEDN Base distinguished name for LDAP queries. LDAP_BINDDN Bind distinguished name for LDAP queries. LDAP_BINDPW Bind password for LDAP queries. LDAP_DEFAULT_MAIL_DOMAIN Default e-mail address domain of searched user if given LDAP attribute does not specify any. LDAP_HOST LDAP server name to connect to if LDAP_URI is not defined. LDAP_MAIL A boolean controlling if LDAP has to be used to look up an user's e-mail address. Possible values are true and false. Default value is false. LDAP_MAIL_ATTRIBUTE The LDAP attribute which holds user's e-mail address. LDAP_PORT LDAP server port number to connect to if LDAP_URI is not defined. LDAP_SEARCH_ATTRIBUTE The LDAP attribute which holds user's ID to look up. LDAP_URI The URL of LDAP server to use to search user's e-mail addresses. This option takes preference over LDAP_HOST and LDAP_PORT. Example: ldaps://example.com:389/ MESSAGE A beginning of text sent as an e-mail body if a user exceeds his limits. This option recognizes formatting sequences. MAIL_CMD The command to execute to send an e-mail. The e-mail text including all headers is passed to the standard input of the command. Default value is /usr/lib/sendmail -t. MAILDEV The device with disk quotas to exclude from sending notifications if there are exceeded limits. This option should identify the device where mail boxes are stored to prevent from bouncing the warnquota notification by local MDA due to no space for storing new e-mails. Special value any denotes all devices. PHONE The telephone contact to the user support. Default value is (xxx) xxx-xxxx or (yyy) yyy-yyyy. SIGNATURE The end of e-mail body if a user exceeds its limits. Default value is a general explanation utilizing SUPPORT and PHONE values. This option recognizes formatting sequences. SUBJECT The text to put into Subject: header. Default value is Disk Quota usage on system. SUPPORT The contact to the user support. Default value is support@localhost. EXAMPLE
# comment FROM = root@example.com SUPPORT = support@example.com PHONE = 1234 FILES
/etc/warnquota.conf configuration for warnquota(8) SEE ALSO
warnquota(8). WARNQUOTA.CONF(5)