Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Accessing UNIX hosted web site remotely Post 302439022 by campbellg on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 11:26:47 AM
Old 07-22-2010
Thanks-

I've requested access to the applicable port, I can telnet to it internally, not externally...

i'll let you know how it goes... fingers crossed.

---------- Post updated 22-07-10 at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous update was 21-07-10 at 05:15 PM ----------

I've been given access to the Oracle Database Control port and can now browse to the site from the external IP.

Many thanks to those who provided input! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Writing a .NET service to be Hosted in UNIX

Has anyone here written an MS compatible .NET service that is hosted and served from a UNIX server instead of a W2K server? I love programming and writing .NET services with Visual Studio.NET and C#, but there is a fundamental problem --the Win2k server itself. It is not near as reliable as Sun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeslekmc
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web site mirroring

I have a unix server running RedHat Linux 9.0. I want to mirror my site on a different server with the same configuration so if the main server goes down, the other server will take over. How is this best accomplished? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wvmlt
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Accessing a FTP Server hosted on Linux

We have set-up a FTP server on a Linux machine, which sits behind a firewall. Most users outside our firewall can access it, but one user in particular cannot. I assume it has something to do with their firewall rules. It appears that they can connect with no problem but the server does not grant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remotely accessing a server

Ok, so I'm a total beginner when it come to unix shells, but my friends and I are starting to get into it. It turns out that I have an extra computer lying around and I want to set it up as a server se we can run shell commands on it. Does anyone know of any guides on how to set up the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogre
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Unable to access web application hosted in same network

All, I have various web applications hosted in a client network. These web apps are accessed through a Apache web server. We have deployed a new web application server and it is not serviced through the Apache web server. So i am unable to access this applications. But i am able to access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Regarding facing issues while accessing UNIX.com site

Hello Moderators/Admins, This is regarding an issue which I am facing from last 7 to 8 days. Issue is while trying to access this forum(simple hitting http://unix.com) I am able to login but many times my request gets timed out or 404 error or if I am able to login it will be excessive slow even... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remoute hosted UNIX/Linux Machine Free

Hi Comrades, I am interested if there is the global internet network I can find free access to the Linux or unix server to create the own account to have some practice. Thanks a lot for your advice and comments. BR, Dembi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dembi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing REST Web Service

Hello: I have created a REST service that is currently running on a Unix server. I issued a cURL command to call the REST service and verified it's working as designed; curl --request POST command and the url I used to test it is localhost:8090/someservice/somename. I have a teammate who now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asthern14
6 Replies
SPLIT(1)								FSF								  SPLIT(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
split [OPTION] [INPUT [PREFIX]] DESCRIPTION
Output fixed-size pieces of INPUT to PREFIXaa, PREFIXab, ...; default PREFIX is `x'. With no INPUT, or when INPUT is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --suffix-length=N use suffixes of length N (default 2) -b, --bytes=SIZE put SIZE bytes per output file -C, --line-bytes=SIZE put at most SIZE bytes of lines per output file -l, --lines=NUMBER put NUMBER lines per output file --verbose print a diagnostic to standard error just before each output file is opened --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may have a multiplier suffix: b for 512, k for 1K, m for 1 Meg. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for split is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and split programs are properly installed at your site, the command info split should give you access to the complete manual. split (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 SPLIT(1)