Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using pipes within variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using pipes within variables Post 302439008 by dr.house on Wednesday 21st of July 2010 11:05:08 AM
Old 07-21-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv_t
Code:
case arg in

Code:
case $arg in

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

PIPEs and Named PIPEs (FIFO) Buffer size

Hello! How I can increase or decrease predefined pipe buffer size? System FreeBSD 4.9 and RedHat Linux 9.0 Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd using pipes

Hi, Can the cd command be invoked using pipes??? My actual question is slightly different. I am trying to run an executable from different folders and the path of these folders are obtained dynamically from the front end. Is there a way in which i can actually run the executable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sinbad
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two types of pipes?

What is the difference between: cd /tmp tar -cf - *.txt |gzip > tmp_txt.tar.gz and cd /tmp mknod pipe p gzip < pipe > /tmp/tmp_txt1.tar.gz & tar -cf pipe *.txt Apart from the fact that we have to create the pipe file manually, is there any difference in the performance of the two?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

named pipes

How to have a conversation between 2 processes using named pipes? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanchan_agr
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pipes and shells

Hi How do I direct the output from ls to for example grep a in C. I am not asking for the whole shell implementation. If I write ls|grep myfile in the shell. How is the output sent from ls to the input grep. whit int pipe(pipe); We create the pipe. I and I guess we use dup2(old... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: isato
4 Replies

6. Programming

Pipes in C

Hello all, I am trying to learn more about programming Unix pipes in C. I have created a pipe that does od -bc < myfile | head Now, I am trying to create od -bc < myfile | head | wc Here is my code, and I know I might be off, thats why I am here so I can get some clarification. #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petrca
1 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with pipes

problem solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superfons
1 Replies

8. Programming

Question on pipes in C

If a code forks 2 childs, what can the values be for the process id's of each of the child? I child pid is supposed to be 0, but what if you fork 2 of them? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipes with the < and >> meanings.

Hey, Well, we're starting scripting next week for my class, and I have my command done, but I don't actually understand what the meaning is, so I was just wondering if someone could "translate" this in to words so that I might be able to do this better... command1 | command2 | command3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sso
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Other way aside from putting more PIPES (|)

I already manage to get the output that i want.. but wat if removing all the pipes and convert it 1 liner with less pipes. My command below can get the ouput that i want. i just want to remove the pipes or less pipes. #cat file1 us-west-2a running i-3397a421... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
Ns_Sock(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 				       Ns_Sock(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_BindSock, Ns_GetSockAddr, Ns_SockAccept, Ns_SockAsyncConnect, Ns_SockAsyncConnect2, Ns_SockBind, Ns_SockCloseLater, Ns_SockConnect, Ns_SockConnect2, Ns_SockListen, Ns_SockListenEx, Ns_SockPipe, Ns_SockSetBlocking, Ns_SockSetNonBlocking, Ns_SockStrError, Ns_SockTimedCon- nect, Ns_SockTimedConnect2, ns_pipe, ns_sockpair - library procedures SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" Ns_BindSock(arg, arg) Ns_GetSockAddr(arg, arg) Ns_SockAccept(arg, arg) Ns_SockAsyncConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockAsyncConnect2(arg, arg) Ns_SockBind(arg, arg) Ns_SockCloseLater(arg, arg) Ns_SockConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockConnect2(arg, arg) Ns_SockListen(arg, arg) Ns_SockListenEx(arg, arg) Ns_SockPipe(arg, arg) Ns_SockSetBlocking(arg, arg) Ns_SockSetNonBlocking(arg, arg) Ns_SockStrError(arg, arg) Ns_SockTimedConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockTimedConnect2(arg, arg) ns_pipe(arg, arg) ns_sockpair(arg, arg) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions ... SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Sock(3aolserver)