Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Doubts regarding sizeof() operator Post 302438930 by JohnGraham on Wednesday 21st of July 2010 08:25:05 AM
Old 07-21-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalibrahim
Any idea on this?
This will fail:

Code:
enum e { thing };
sizeof(e);

in C but not C++. In C you either have to use "sizeof(enum e)" or declare your enum as "typedef enum e { thing } e;" and you can use "sizeof(e)".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sizeof

we know that sizeof never returns zero when used with structure then why in this case it is returning zero struct foo { char c; }; void main() { struct foo f; cout<<sizeof(f); } i am working on solaris 5.8 isn't the above function should return the size of empty structure (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix doubts

Hello All, I am very new to UNIX. Please help me to find answers of below questions. 1.A script is saved with name ls. When we execute the script what it will execute? a) Will execute ls command b) Will execute the script c) Will execute script or command depends on the path ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswathy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubts on FIFO

Hi , I m beginner for Unix and i want to use FIFO in my 2 Scripts . I want 1 script to read data from FIFO and other will write into FIFO. Despite reading so many articles/posts i am still unable sunchronize my scripts. My doubts are 1> Do We require both scripts as daemons to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix doubts

Hi All, 1. how and who calls .profile when you login 2. what is PPID and what means by PPID = 0 Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

5. Programming

sizeof an array of structure without using 'sizeof' operator

Hi All, is it possible to find out the size of an array of structures ( without using 'sizeof' operator). The condition is we have the array of structure instant but we are not aware of the elements inside the structure. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
18 Replies

6. Programming

How to get the sizeof char pointer

The below code throws the error, since the size of x = 19 is not passed to the cstrCopy function. using namespace std; static void cstrCopy(char *x, const char*y); int main () { char x; const string y = "UNIX FORUM"; cstrCopy(x,y.c_str()); return 0; } void cstrCopy(char *x,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SamRoj
3 Replies

7. Programming

sizeof(object) in C++

Hi, I have defined the class and call the sizeof(object to class) to get the size. # include <iostream> # include <iomanip> using namespace std; class sample { private: int i; float j; char k; public: sample() { } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Some doubts about resizing fs's in HP-UX

Hello, I'm new to HP-UX and I'm not sure about some concepts related to resizing fs's under this OS. First of all I'm only asking about resizing ONLINE, it means, without having to umount the fs nor rebooting, etc. Q1. I've read that in order to resize a fs online there are 2 requirements:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sizeof a file from directory path in perl

Hai how to find size of a file?? ex : /home/kiran/pdk/sample/calibre this is a path In that I have to find size of a files in side a calibre(it is the folder) like .results or .summary (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran425
1 Replies

10. Programming

Compiler/Runtime uses of sizeof

Ignoring other considerations for a moment and in general ... Would there be a difference in result (dot oh or execution) of: A. strncpy( a, b, sizeof(a) ); vs. B. c = sizeof(a); strncpy( a, b, c ); My general understanding is (at least I think my understanding is) that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
10 Replies
libmapiadmin/libmapiadmin.h(3)					   libmapiadmin 				    libmapiadmin/libmapiadmin.h(3)

NAME
libmapiadmin/libmapiadmin.h - Structures for MAPI admin functions. SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdint.h> #include <talloc.h> #include <ldb.h> #include <tevent.h> #include 'libmapi/libmapi.h' Data Structures struct mapiadmin_ctx MAPI admin function context. Functions struct mapiadmin_ctx * mapiadmin_init (struct mapi_session *) Create and initialise a mapiadmin_ctx structure. enum MAPISTATUS mapiadmin_release (struct mapiadmin_ctx *) Clean up a mapiadmin_ctx structure. enum MAPISTATUS mapiadmin_user_add (struct mapiadmin_ctx *) Add a user to Active Directory. enum MAPISTATUS mapiadmin_user_del (struct mapiadmin_ctx *) Delete a user from Active Directory. enum MAPISTATUS mapiadmin_user_extend (struct mapiadmin_ctx *) Extend user attributes to be Exchange user. Detailed Description Structures for MAPI admin functions. Function Documentation struct mapiadmin_ctx* mapiadmin_init (struct mapi_session *session) [read] Create and initialise a mapiadmin_ctx structure. You should use mapiadmin_release to clean up the mapiadmin_ctx structure when done. enum MAPISTATUS mapiadmin_release (struct mapiadmin_ctx *mapiadmin_ctx) Clean up a mapiadmin_ctx structure. The structure is assumed to have been allocated using mapiadmin_init() or equivalent code. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libmapiadmin from the source code. Version 1.0 Sat Jun 14 2014 libmapiadmin/libmapiadmin.h(3)