Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking FTP failure due to network problem Post 302438869 by vibora on Wednesday 21st of July 2010 04:26:09 AM
Old 07-21-2010
Thanks I think I found what I need, the return code "426". Just need to add "grep" to get only "426" and now I can have a log for FTP failure due to network problem.

Code:
426 	Connection closed; transfer aborted.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining the failure or success of FTP

Hi there, I am in the process of writing a shell script to transfer files to a remote directory. Is there a method to determine the success or the failure of the ftp process. Regards Jim (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

failure writing network systems-ftp error

Hi, I tried to do a ftp get process from linux server to a remote system.It was giving an error 'failure writing network systems'.I am trying to ftp two files,one among them is successful and this problem occurs only if i run the code through 'cron' ie,manual run ends successfully. Would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ACL problem due to mv command used in solaris

Hi All, Is there any way to use mv command and that should apply ACL on the moved files that is already set in distination location This mv command is running in a solaris system. File system is NFS. Problem I am facing : Currently mv command removes ACL from moved files and also it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script problem due to recursive directories Help please

Hello everyone , I am looking for a better solution then the one I have created for the my Task The task is: Create an automated script that will check for Uploads in a specified Directory and move them to another specified Directory if the files are completely uploaded. Files are FTP'd to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem due to Fork Error

Hi, I have developed a datastage job...which has many process running in parallel..but because of Fork Error my job is not working:( Can any body help me out to solve this Fork error problem.:rolleyes: My Os is SUNOS. IS there any setting in Unix through admin where in if i set some paramter... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retry upon FTP failure

I am using the following code in a C Shell script to transfer files to a remote server: ftp -n logxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx.com <<DO_FTP1 quote user $user_name quote pass $password ascii put $js_file_name bin put $FinalZipFile quit DO_FTP1 This code works great except on those rare occasions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phudgens
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP failure with different scenario

Hi Gurus the below FTP code works fine, but the issue is from past 1 week couldn't able to send the files to external system. #--------------------------------------------------------------------# #Start the ftp session #--------------------------------------------------------------------#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem in RedHat Cluster Node while network Failure or in Hang mode

Hi, We are having many RedHat linux Server with Cluster facility for availability of service like HTTPD / MySQL. We face some issue while some issue related to power disturbance / fluctuation or Network failure. There is two Cluster Node configured in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirenkmistry
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

What is solution for this error "tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors"?

Does anyone know what is solution for this error ?tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors from last 3 days I am trying to take backup of home/user directory getting again and again same error please anyone give me solution (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP failure

Hi, We have a external vendor (outside firewall), who used to connect our ftp server till 2 days back. I am not able to figure out, what was changed. Now he is not able to login. When I login to ftp server (from inside firewall), I am able to connect with credentials. When that vendor login... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)