Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cacti running on Fedora 13
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Cacti running on Fedora 13 Post 302438861 by chrisnoon on Wednesday 21st of July 2010 08:08:58 AM
Old 07-21-2010
Cacti running on Fedora 13

Hi All,

I have recently installed Cacti on a Fedora 13 machine and have followed all the steps the Cacti manual has given me:

Install and Configure Cacti

To my knowledge I have installed everything correctly and it should be working. However when i access localhost/cacti I get the following message. Im not sure if it is to do with file permissions or firewalls/security settings but any help would be greatly appriciated.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cacti on this server.
Apache/2.2.15 (Fedora) Server at 10.52.0.24 Port 80

---------- Post updated at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:58 AM ----------

If anyone else is having this issue; i managed to fix the problem by doing the following.

edit the following file "/etc/httpd/conf.d/cacti.conf"

The file will read:

Code:
#
# Cacti: An rrd based graphing tool
#
Alias /cacti /usr/share/cacti
<Directory /usr/share/cacti/>
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

To solve the security issue edit the file to read as such:

Code:
#
# Cacti: An rrd based graphing tool
#
Alias /cacti /usr/share/cacti
<Directory /usr/share/cacti/>
Order Allow,Deny
#Deny from all
#Allow from 127.0.0.1
Allow from all
</Directory>

Last edited by Scott; 07-21-2010 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Code tags

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cacti Getting Error

Dear Expert, I just succesfully installed cacti for monitoring my all of device in my office. But i got the strange, when i was pointing to the browser to run cacti there is a message like this. Invalid PHP_SELF Path What happen on my cacti configuration. Thanxs for your suggestion... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
2 Replies

2. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

3. Linux

Cacti issue

Hi all, I am having issue with cacti graph. Cacti is installed and configured with out any issues. I am trying to create apache graphs for one machine running apache. 1) Apache statistics Hit/per sec 2) Apache Statistics KBits/sec 3) Apache Statistics Thread Details and 4) Apache... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Do not show graphs cacti

hi installed caci and Snmp connection is established 10.10 (192.168.10.10) SNMP Information System:Hardware: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6 AT/AT COMPATIBLE - Software: Windows Version 6.1 (Build 7601 Multiprocessor Free) Uptime: 7550665 (0 days,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)