Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Deactivate a user account in Solaris 10 Post 302438809 by mbah_jiman on Tuesday 20th of July 2010 11:35:23 PM
Old 07-21-2010
As root you can type

passwd -L <username>

If you want to active again, as root

passwd -u <username>

Regards
Jiman

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can distingiush user account

example root::0:3::/:/sbin/sh daemon:*:1:5::/:/sbin/sh bin:*:2:2::/usr/bin:/sbin/sh sys:*:3:3::/: adm:*:4:4::/var/adm:/sbin/sh uucp:*:5:3::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico lp:*:9:7::/var/spool/lp:/sbin/sh nuucp:*:11:11::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris user account de-activated, command to activate again

My admin has set password policy to de-activate user account if there is not login for 90 days. How can i re-activate user account w/o deleting, or changing user password. Thanks in advance Deeps (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin@solaris
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

User account migrate from solaris to linux

Hi, I have to move user account from solaris to Linux environment because I don't want user to create password again in Linux environment, so could somebody confirm me how to do it, I know there are files /etc/groups, /etc/passwd and /etc/shadows need to copy but somebody confirm me what is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnaumanca
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deactivate a user account in Solaris 10

Hi, I need to deactivate a user account for some time and then reactivate the user account ... Can anybody please help me how to do this..... I don't have root privileges but i have sudo to privileges. Thanks.... Thread closed. Double post. Continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Creating user account in Solaris

Hi I need to create a new user account in salaries. Can anyone tell me the cmd to create the new user acc. But the main thing is it should same permissions ,same group etc of already existing group. For example we have already one user in name “comp” so the newly created user should also have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
3 Replies

8. Linux

User Account Policy

Hi, i have the following config in the system-auth files auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so auth sufficient /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so account required ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

User account

I need to check actual date a user was disabled on my HP-UX server. Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyriac_N
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 user account login expired

Hi everyone Please i need urgent help... I have installed solaris 11 using live media.. then i installed sunray.. every thing is fine.. but after system reboot i am unable to login on server on GUI it gives account expired error or some time authentication failed... but i can log in through... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amk
11 Replies
PW_LOCK(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						PW_LOCK(3)

NAME
pw_lock, pw_mkdb, pw_abort, pw_setprefix, pw_getprefix -- passwd file update functions LIBRARY
System Utilities Library (libutil, -lutil) SYNOPSIS
#include <util.h> int pw_lock(int retries); int pw_mkdb(const char *username, int secureonly); void pw_abort(void); int pw_setprefix(const char *new_prefix); const char * pw_getprefix(void); DESCRIPTION
The pw_lock(), pw_mkdb(), and pw_abort() functions allow a program to update the system passwd database. The pw_lock() function attempts to lock the passwd database by creating the file /etc/ptmp, and returns the file descriptor of that file. If retries is greater than zero, pw_lock() will try multiple times to open /etc/ptmp, waiting one second between tries. In addition to being a lock file, /etc/ptmp will also hold the contents of the new passwd file. The pw_mkdb() function updates the passwd file from the contents of /etc/ptmp. You should finish writing to and close the file descriptor returned by pw_lock() before calling pw_mkdb(). If pw_mkdb() fails and you do not wish to retry, you should make sure to call pw_abort() to clean up the lock file. If the username argument is not NULL, only database entries pertaining to the specified user will be modified. If the secureonly argument is non-zero, only the secure database will be updated. The pw_abort() function aborts a passwd file update by deleting /etc/ptmp. The passwd database remains unchanged. The pw_setprefix() function defines the root directory used for passwd file updates. If the prefix is set to /newroot pw_lock() will operate on /newroot/etc/ptmp afterwards. The default prefix is an empty string. The pw_getprefix() function returns the root directory which is currently used for passwd file updates. RETURN VALUES
The pw_lock() and pw_mkdb() functions return -1 if they are unable to complete properly. FILES
/etc/master.passwd /etc/ptmp SEE ALSO
pw_init(3), pwd_mkdb(8) BSD
February 17, 2007 BSD