Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep or sed. How to remove certain characters Post 302438721 by radoulov on Tuesday 20th of July 2010 01:41:02 PM
Old 07-20-2010
Code:
sed 's/.*\(....\)/\1/' infile

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to remove last 2 characters of txt file

sed 's/^..//' file1.txt > file2.txt this will remove the first two characters of each line of a text file, what sed command will remove the last two characters? This is a similar post to my other....sry if I'm being lazy.... I need a file like this (same as last post) >cat file1.txt 10081551... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: remove characters between and including 2 strings

I have the following line: 4/23/2010 0:00:38.000: Copying $$3MSYDDC02$I would like to use sed (or similiar) to remove everthing between and including $ that appears in the line so it ends up like this. 4/23/2010 0:00:38.000: Copying 3MSYDDC02I have been trying these but i'm really just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command to remove characters help!

I am trying to analyse a large file of sequencing data, example of first 10 lines below, @HWUSI-EAS656_0044_FC:7:1:2447:1039#GCAATT/1 GNCTATGGCTTGCCGGGCTCAGGGAAGACAATCATAGCCATGAAAATCATGGAAAAGATCAGAAAAACATTTCAA +HWUSI-EAS656_0044_FC:7:1:2447:1039#GCAATT/1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adeleh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or trim to remove non alphanumeric and alpha characters?

Hi All, I am new to Unix and trying to run some scripting on a linux box. I am trying to remove the non alphanumeric characters and alpha characters from the following line. <measResults>883250 869.898 86432.4 809875.22 804609 60023 59715 </measResults> Desired output is: 883250... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackma
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or tr to remove specific group of special characters

Hi, I have a input of the form: ..., word1, word2, word3... I want out put of the form word1, word2, word3 I tried echo '..., word1, word2, word3...' | tr -d '...,' but that takes out the commas in the middle too so I get word1 word2 word3 but I want the commas in the middle. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumbaba
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the Characters '[' and ']' with Sed

Hi, I am new to Sed and would like to know if it is possible to remove the characters . I have a couple of files with a keyword and would like to remove the substring. I am Using sed s/// but Its not working Thanks for your Support Andrew Borg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewborg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - remove special characters

Hi, I have a file with this line, it's always in the first line: I want to remove these special characters: ´╗┐ file1 ´╗┐\\bar\c$\test2\;3.348.118 Bytes;160 ;3 \\bar\c$\test\;35 Bytes;2 ;1 I want the same file to be only \\bar\c$\test2\;3.348.118 Bytes;160 ;3 \\bar\c$\test\;35... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How does this sed expression to remove non-alpha characters work?

Hello! I know that this expression gets rid of non-alphanumeric characters: sed 's///g' and I understand that it is replacing them with nothing - hence the '//'-, but I don't understand how it's doing it. It seems it's finding strings that begin with alphanumeric and replacing them with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgnersoon2be#1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to remove non-ASCII characters

I have been having an encoding problem that I need to solve. I have an 4-column tab-separated file: I need to remove all of the lines that contain the string 'vis-à-vis' achiever-n vis-à-vis+ns-j+vp oppose-v 1 achiever-n vis-à-vis+ns-the+vg assess-v 1 administrator-n ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to remove and add specified characters

I have the following type of 2 column file: motility - role - supplementation - age b ancestry b purity b recommendation b serenity b unease b carving f expansion f I would like to print only certain sections of the file depending on the value of the second column. For instance,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)