Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculate N days from a file output Post 302438657 by iga3725 on Tuesday 20th of July 2010 10:44:23 AM
Old 07-20-2010
Hi daz,

it gives me an error:

Code:
israel@bsades2: /home/israel # awk -v f=0 '/2010/07/10/ {f=0} { print > "file_"f }' /tmp/prueba1
 Syntax Error The source line is 1.
 The error context is
                /2010/07/10/ >>>  { <<<
 awk: 0602-500 Quitting The source line is 1.

What's wrong? Thanks

---------- Post updated at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:17 AM ----------

daz,

What if I the date is 36 days?

thanks
Israel.

Last edited by iga3725; 07-20-2010 at 11:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate output

I was wondering can anyone give me a clue how to start script which would do the following: I have 2 numbers as input for example: 100 and 1000 and I need to create file and in that file should be written 100 - 199 200 - 299 300 - 399 400 - 499 500 - 599 600 - 699 700 - 799... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate the number of days left in a month

does any one have any ideas how i would go about calculating the number of days left in the month from a bash script ?. I want to do some operations on a csv file according to the result (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to calculate user's last login to check if > 90 days

I need a script to figure out if a user's last login was 90 days or older. OS=AIX 5.3, shell=Korn Here's what I have so far: ==== #!/usr/bin/ksh NOW=`lsuser -a time_last_login root | awk -F= '{ print $2 }'` (( LAST_LOGIN_TIME = 0 )) (( DIFF = $NOW - $LAST_LOGIN_TIME )) lsuser -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate 30/31 days from today date script

Hi Guys, I was working some time ago n was in need to calculate date 30/31 days from today including Feb (Leap yr stuff). Today date is variable depending on day of execution of script. I tried searching but was not able to get exactly what I needed....So at that I time I implemented by my own... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolgoose85
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate days between yyyyMmmdd dates on Solaris

I extract dates from the log file and need to calculate days between two dates. My dates are in yyyyMmmdd format. Example: $d1=2011 Oct 21 $d2=2012 Feb 20 I need to calculate the number of days between $d2 and $d1. This is on Solaris. Any ideas? Thanks, djanu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
4 Replies

7. Web Development

Calculate the number of days between 2 dates - PHP

Is this code good for this purpose? <?php $date1 = mktime(0,0,0,01,01,1991); $date2 = mktime(0,0,0,03,22,2012); $diff = $date2 - $date1; $days = $diff / (60*60*24); echo ($days . "<br />"); ?> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kovacsakos
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script Not working (calculate days since 1/1/2000 given day 4444)

I am unable to get this KSH script to work. Can someone help. I've been told this should work with KSH93. Which I think I have on Solaris 10. If I do a grep -i version /usr/dt/bin/dtksh I get @(#)Version M-12/28/93d @(#)Version 12/28/93 @(#)Version M-12/28/93 This is correct for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the number of days between 2 dates - bash script

I wrote the day calculator also in bash. I would like to now, that is it good so? #!/bin/bash datum1=`date -d "1991/1/1" "+%s"` datum2=`date "+%s"` diff=$(($datum2-$datum1)) days=$(($diff/(60*60*24))) echo $days Thanks in advance for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kovacsakos
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract 2 date columns in .csv file and get output as number of days

Hi, I have one .csv file. I have 2 date columns present in file, column 2 and column 3. I need to calculate how many days exist between 2 dates. I am trying to subtract date column 2 from date column 3. Eg: my file look likes s.no, Start_date,End_Date 1, 7/29/2012,10/27/2012 2,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dimple
9 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)