Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find the last word with all numbers? Post 302438589 by radoulov on Tuesday 20th of July 2010 06:39:50 AM
Old 07-20-2010
Yes. awk, for instance, does that automatically for you.
If you need more help, post an example of the desired output (or explain what exactly you're trying to achieve).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a word in a file, and change a word beneath it ??

Hi all, I have a file with lines written somewhat like this. aaaa ccc aa linux browse = no xssxw cdcedc dcsdcd csdw police dwed dwd browse = no cdecec (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract numbers from a word

Hi ppl, I am a bit lost on this...can some one assist. I know this can be down with awk or sed, but i cant get the exact syntax right. I need to only extract the numbers from a signle word ( eg abcd.123.xyz ) How can i extract 123 only ? Thanks (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemali
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk fetch numbers after the word

Hi, I would want to fetch all the numbers after a word the number of characters could very. how can I do that? below is the example of the data and the expected output sample data 03 xxxx occurs 1090 times. 04 aslkja occurs 10 times. I would want to fetch 10 & 1090 separately. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing numbers after specific word

Hi all, Looking for suggestions on a better way to sum numbers in a key value pair formated file. What I have works but seems really clunky to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. cat test.txt | perl -ne 'm/(M=)(\d+\.?\d?\d?)/ && print "$2\n"' | awk '{ sum+=$1} END {printf... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgol
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put numbers after word

Hello I have an file with this content -------------------------------------------- timer one timer two timer three timer four timer five timer six timer seven ------------------------------------------- And I want the following output.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thailand
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a word and increment the number in the word & save into new files

Hi All, I am looking for a perl/awk/sed command to auto-increment the numbers line in file, P1.tcl: run_build_model sparc_ifu_dec run_drc set_faults -model path_delay -atpg_effectiveness -fault_coverage add_delay_paths P1 set_atpg -abort_limit 1000 run_atpg -ndetects 1000 I would like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
6 Replies
shishi_realm_for_server_dns(3)					      shishi					    shishi_realm_for_server_dns(3)

NAME
shishi_realm_for_server_dns - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> char * shishi_realm_for_server_dns(Shishi * handle, char * server); ARGUMENTS
Shishi * handle Shishi library handle create by shishi_init(). char * server hostname to find realm for. DESCRIPTION
Find realm for a host using DNS lookups, according to draft-ietf-krb-wg-krb-dns-locate-03.txt. Since DNS lookups may be spoofed, relying on the realm information may result in a redirection attack. In a single-realm scenario, this only achieves a denial of service, but with cross-realm trust it may redirect you to a compromised realm. For this reason, Shishi prints a warning, suggesting that the user should add the proper 'server-realm' configuration tokens instead. To illustrate the DNS information used, here is an extract from a zone file for the domain ASDF.COM: _kerberos.asdf.com. IN TXT "ASDF.COM" _kerberos.mrkserver.asdf.com. IN TXT "MARKETING.ASDF.COM" _ker- beros.salesserver.asdf.com. IN TXT "SALES.ASDF.COM" Let us suppose that in this case, a client wishes to use a service on the host foo.asdf.com. It would first query: _kerberos.foo.asdf.com. IN TXT Finding no match, it would then query: _kerberos.asdf.com. IN TXT RETURN VALUE
Returns realm for host, or NULL if not found. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_realm_for_server_dns(3)