Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Find files contains specific line Post 302438551 by udhayashankar on Tuesday 20th of July 2010 05:34:17 AM
Old 07-20-2010
Try using the below one...~!
find <directory> -exec grep -li "pattern" {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a specific files in a many directory

Dear All, Appreciate some help here. I have a log of report. It located in several directory as below: Directory: mysscpr1 mysscpr2 mysscpr3 my_scnpr4 In the directory it contain hundred of files. i need to find a specific files that contain 'invc2345' in the directory. How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: selamba_warrior
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files with specific time

Hi All, I am in trouble now... i have two directories.. one can consider as folder-A where processed files are there. and another one folder-B where i have the corresponding output files.. here ..let say some records may have multiple entrys like below.. /folder-A/ grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find files with specific dates and cp another folder.

Hi all, We have an existing script: find /u03/oraprod/perpcomn/admin/out -type f -ctime +7 \ -exec cp {} "/u08/oraprod/backup/cout" \; Which is to find all files more than 7 days and copy to another folder. However I would like to only list files with Sep 29, and cp to another folder. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find specific line and delete line after.

I'm looking for a way to search a file, in this case init.rc for a specific match, service adbd /sbin/adbd, and delete the a specific line after it Original: # adbd is controlled by the persist.service.adb.enable system property service adbd /sbin/adbd disabled After deletion: #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GabrialDestruir
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files that do not match specific patterns

Hi all, I have been searching online to find the answer for getting a list of files that do not match certain criteria but have been unsuccessful. I have a directory that has many jpg files. What I need to do is get a list of the files that do not match both of the following patterns (I have... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikos-koutax
21 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatene files and put each line of files on a specific position ?

Hi, I have some files that i want to concatene and put each of lines of this files on a specific position : File1 AAAAAAA BBBBBBB CCCCCCC File2 DDDDDDD EEEEEEE FFFFFFF File3 GGGGGG HHHHHH IIIIII New file (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apippo70
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files with specific date

Dear all, kindly i have some files with different dates i need to grep word from these files but i need to search in files with date 2012-12-02 not all files in this directory do u have any command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files for a specific date

Hi, I am looking to find files of a specific date. I am on Sun Solaris so newermt doesnot work.. I thought of using mtime but not getting how to use it. Please help me with this.. Regards Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on find and replacement on specific line and position

I have a file with 100 lines. On 50 th line , from position 5 to rest of the data , I need to change the occurrence of A to B and Occurrence of M to N. Input file : Line1 Line2 Line3 -- -- 12345ABCDEFM --- -- Line 100 Output Line1 Line2 (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_us
40 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files in specific folders

Hi Team, I am new to the linux commands and I really need help . I would be really thankful if I can get some inputs. I have below folders in the path "/home/temp" 20170428 20170427 20170429 changes tempI need to get the files generated in the last 15 mins in all the above folders... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackJinu
4 Replies
SOELIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SOELIM(1)

NAME
soelim - interpret .so requests in groff input SYNOPSIS
soelim [ -Cv ] [ -Idir ] [ files... ] It is possible to have whitespace between the -I command line option and its parameter. DESCRIPTION
soelim reads files and replaces lines of the form .so file by the contents of file. It is useful if files included with so need to be preprocessed. Normally, soelim should be invoked with the -s option of groff. Note that there must be no whitespace between the leading dot and the two characters `s' and `o'. Otherwise, only groff interprets the .so request (and soelim ignores it). OPTIONS
-C Recognize .so even when followed by a character other than space or newline. -Idir This option may be used to specify a directory to search for files (both those on the command line and those named in .so lines). The current directory is always searched first. This option may be specified more than once, the directories will be searched in the order specified. No directory search is performed for files specified using an absolute path. -v Print the version number. SEE ALSO
groff(1) Groff Version 1.18.1 27 June 2001 SOELIM(1)