Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Temp mysql files jamming CPU resources Post 302438497 by malcolmpdx on Tuesday 20th of July 2010 01:50:32 AM
Old 07-20-2010
There are a lot you can find by google-ing. The one I like is here:

http://www.day32.com/MySQL/tuning-primer.sh
This User Gave Thanks to malcolmpdx For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Application occupying CPU resources

Dear all, I have a pro c application running in the unix environement. This pro c program actually trigger by a java application from sun workstation. Recently, when we released a new proc c application and notice that the application occupying the CPU resources even through we check that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghho
1 Replies

2. Linux

Shared web server resources (CPU&RAM)

Hello, guys ! Long time no seen. I have a question about Linux web servers. I guess it is a more general question, but in my case it is a Linux web server. I want to know how much RAM memory should I put on my servers. Do you have some formula or guidelines on how should I calculate the amount... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

3. Solaris

CPU resources

Hi, I got a solarsi 10 box with 9 zones and the cpu shares as following ID NAME SHARES 0 global 1 1 FMW1 100 2 FMW2 100 3 OID1 100 4 OID2 100 5 OVD1 100 6 OID0 100 7 FMW5 100 8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Security issue and temp files

Hello, One of the senior network admins at work told me that I should not hard code temp files into my scripts. Rather I should use the mktemp commands in the script to create them on the fly. His argument was that if a malicious user knew the name of my temp files in the script they could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

temp files

Hi there, As a regular unix user I am forever programming on the command line or writing scripts so that I first write a load of data to a file to read from. In the end I am always left with a bundle of .txt, .tmp which is what I usually call them. As a basic programmmer I was wondering is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

RMTF (ReMove Temp Files)

Heyas As some applications (sed,grep,vi, etc) create some tempfiles, i'd changed a script to this: (sadly i cant find the original post (code) anymore (which just removed 2 'diffrent kinds'), just similar ones - forgot that as i was new to all this) :) ~ $ cat $(which rmtf) #!/bin/sh #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sea
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Fire V210 CPU Fan Temp too high?

Hey, I have a V210 with a failed CPU fan. The temperature is currently at 84C and I've been asked to wait a few weeks before replacing as its a production system and it cant be shut down yet. Is it too hot? Do I risk killing the CPU at this temp? Its been like this for a few weeks now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: magarvo
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing large number of temp files

Hi All, I am having a situation now to delete a huge number of temp files created during run times approx. 16700+ files. We have never imagined that we will get this this much big list of files during run time. It worked fine for lesser no of files in the list. But when list is huge we are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
7 Replies
PAPI_hw_info_t(3)						       PAPI							 PAPI_hw_info_t(3)

NAME
PAPI_hw_info_t - Hardware info structure. SYNOPSIS
Data Fields int ncpu int threads int cores int sockets int nnodes int totalcpus int vendor char vendor_string [128] int model char model_string [128] float revision int cpuid_family int cpuid_model int cpuid_stepping int cpu_max_mhz int cpu_min_mhz PAPI_mh_info_t mem_hierarchy int virtualized char virtual_vendor_string [128] char virtual_vendor_version [128] float mhz int clock_mhz int reserved [8] Field Documentation int PAPI_hw_info_t::clock_mhz Deprecated int PAPI_hw_info_t::cores Number of cores per socket int PAPI_hw_info_t::cpu_max_mhz Maximum supported CPU speed int PAPI_hw_info_t::cpu_min_mhz Minimum supported CPU speed int PAPI_hw_info_t::cpuid_family cpuid family int PAPI_hw_info_t::cpuid_model cpuid model int PAPI_hw_info_t::cpuid_stepping cpuid stepping PAPI_mh_info_t PAPI_hw_info_t::mem_hierarchy PAPI memory heirarchy description float PAPI_hw_info_t::mhz Deprecated int PAPI_hw_info_t::model Model number of CPU char PAPI_hw_info_t::model_string[128] Model string of CPU int PAPI_hw_info_t::ncpu Number of CPUs per NUMA Node int PAPI_hw_info_t::nnodes Total Number of NUMA Nodes float PAPI_hw_info_t::revision Revision of CPU int PAPI_hw_info_t::sockets Number of sockets int PAPI_hw_info_t::threads Number of hdw threads per core int PAPI_hw_info_t::totalcpus Total number of CPUs in the entire system int PAPI_hw_info_t::vendor Vendor number of CPU char PAPI_hw_info_t::vendor_string[128] Vendor string of CPU char PAPI_hw_info_t::virtual_vendor_string[128] Vendor for virtual machine char PAPI_hw_info_t::virtual_vendor_version[128] Version of virtual machine int PAPI_hw_info_t::virtualized Running in virtual machine Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for PAPI from the source code. Version 5.2.0.0 Tue Jun 17 2014 PAPI_hw_info_t(3)