Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing fields in 1 file to another file Post 302438492 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 20th of July 2010 01:37:04 AM
Old 07-20-2010
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[$1]=$2;next}($5==a[$3])' File1 File2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in comparing a file with log file: perl code

Dear Members, I need a perl code: 1. Which will open first file with two columns separated by tab: 37 Distribution and seasonal variation of trace metals 85 Seasonal variability of the mixed layer in the central Bay 99 Dynamics of transparent exopolymeric particles (TEP) 103 Bacterial... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing rows in same file and writing the result in new file

Help needed... Can you tell me how to compare the last two couple entries in a file and print their result in new file..:confused: I have one file Check1.txt \abc1 12345 \abc2 12327 \abc1 12345 \abc2 12330 I want to compare the entries in Check1 and write to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kichu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with comparing fields

I have a file having records like below Field1;Filed2;Filed3 < '393200103052';'H3G';'20081204' < '393200103059';'TIM';'20110111' < '393200103061';'TIM';'20060206' < '393200103064';'OPI';'20110623' > '393200103052';'HKG';'20081204' > '393200103056';'TIM';'20110111' >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthi123
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines from first file comparing second file

Hi, I have two files with below data:: file1:- 123|aaa|ppp 445|fff|yyy 999|ttt|jjj 555|hhh|hhh file2:- 445|fff|yyy 555|hhh|hhh The records present in file1, not present in file 2 should be writtent to the out put file. output:- 123|aaa|ppp 999|ttt|jjj Is there any one line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match the amount fields in the source file vs trigger file

Hello, I have to write a script to compare the sum of the amount fields in a source file and the amount field in another file. details are: based on the name of the source file (say SALES as an example), a file already available in a path will be grabbed (say SALES_ParmFile) and this file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaylak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two csv file fields using awk script

Hi All, I want to remove the rows from File1.csv by comparing the columns/fields in the File2.csv. I only need the records whose first column is same and the second column is different for the same record in both files.Here is an example on what I need. File1.csv: RAJAK|ACTIVE|1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Comparing directories and file from a text file

Hello all, I need to write a script which has following requirement: Need to read the filenames from text file and then search for the above read files in the required directory and if match found backup them in a backup folder. And also need to compare and verify whether the files in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join fields comparing 4 fields using awk

Hi All, I am looking for an awk script to do the following Join the fields together only if the first 4 fields are same. Can it be done with join function in awk?? a,b,c,d,8,,, a,b,c,d,,7,, a,b,c,d,,,9, a,b,p,e,8,,, a.b,p,e,,9,, a,b,p,z,,,,9 a,b,p,z,,8,, desired output: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksijain
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparing and appending based on fields

I want to compare 2 files, locus_file.txt is a very large file and attr.txt is a small file. I want to match the first 2 columns of the first file to the second column of attr.txt and print the attributes together. locus_file.txt:large file LOC_Os02g47020, LOC_Os03g57840,0.88725114... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Speed : awk command to count the occurrences of fields from one file present in the other file

Hi, file1.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD file2.txt abc|AAA|AAAabcbcs|fnwufnq bca|nwruqf|AAA|fwfwwefwef fmimwe|BBB|fnqwufw|wufbqw wcdbi|CCC|wefnwin|wfwwf DDD|wabvfav|wqef|fwbwqfwfe i need the count of rows of file1.txt present in the file2.txt required output: AAA 2 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdkm
10 Replies
MP4ART(1)							  MP4v2 Utilities							 MP4ART(1)

NAME
mp4art - manual page for mp4art - MP4v2 2.0.0 SYNOPSIS
mp4art [OPTION]... ACTION file... DESCRIPTION
For each mp4 (m4a) file specified, perform the specified ACTION. An action must be specified. Some options are not applicable for some actions. ACTIONS --list list all covr-boxes --add IMG add covr-box from IMG file --replace IMG replace covr-box with IMG file --remove remove covr-box --extract extract covr-box ACTION PARAMETERS --art-any act on all covr-boxes (default) --art-index IDX act on covr-box index IDX OPTIONS -z, --optimize optimize mp4 file after modification -y, --dryrun do not actually create or modify any files -k, --keepgoing continue batch processing even after errors -o, --overwrite overwrite existing files when creating -f, --force force overwrite even if file is read-only -q, --quiet equivalent to --verbose 0 -d, --debug NUM increase debug or long-option to set NUM -v, --verbose NUM increase verbosity or long-option to set NUM -h, --help print brief help or long-option for extended help --version print version information and exit DEBUG LEVELS (for raw mp4 file I/O) 0 supressed 1 add warnings and errors (default) 2 add table details 3 add implicits 4 everything VERBOSE LEVELS 0 warnings and errors 1 normal informative messages (default) 2 more informative messages 3 everything mp4art - MP4v2 2.0.0 June 2012 MP4ART(1)