Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String searching and output to a file in a formatted text Post 302438477 by rdcwayx on Monday 19th of July 2010 11:57:19 PM
Old 07-20-2010
Code:
awk '/TTOH   8031950001/ {{for (i=2;i<=14;i++) printf $i FS} {printf "\n"}}' batch-host.log.6

Last edited by rdcwayx; 07-20-2010 at 01:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi! Searching for a text string in UNIX

Hi! I'm new here and glad to meet everyone! I've been wrestling with a problem lately however! How do I recursively (recursive means to keep going through the subdirectories until no more are there) search a bunch of textfiles in a long directory structure for a specific string.. but only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skwadim
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert DATE string to a formatted text

Hi guys, i need your help. I need to convert a date like this one 20071003071023 , to a formated date like 20071003 07:10:23 . Could this be possible ? Regards, Osramos (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching and extracting text from output

I have the following output which I need to obtain the values for "Next Seq is xxx" and "Last Seq is xxx" and "Pending count is xxx". You will notice that the number of words prior to that value can be variable hence the reason for asking this question. LINECMD> Line /xxx///ABC9_SND is UP.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjday
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Searching for a string in a text file problem

Looking for a bit of help. I need to search for a string of words, but unfortunately these words are located on separate lines. for example the text output is: United Chanmpions Ronaldo Liverpool Losers Torres and my script code is print("DEBUG - checking file message"); while... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output text from 1st paragraph in file w/ a specific string through last paragraph of file w/ string

Hi, I'm trying to output all text from the first paragraph in a file that contains a specific string through the last paragraph in that file that contains that string. Previously, I was outputting just each paragraph with that search string with: cat in_file | nawk '{RS=""; FS="\n";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpenn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a text string for n'th :

hello, i'm a novice on bsh scripting so thanks for any help here basically i have a shell var $x that looks like this > echo $x nabc1234:!:73394:17155:Gary Mason:/home/garym:/bin/ksh and i'm trying to keep the first 8 characters and the text from the 4th : to the 5th : i've been trying... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasglm
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a particular string and modifying text within block of data

Hi Forum. Is there a quick way to do the following search/replace within a block of data? I tried to google the solution but didn't really know what to look for. I have the following text file (I want to search for a particular string "s_m_f_acct_txn_daily_a1" and replace the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a file with a specified text without using conventional file searching commands

without using conventional file searching commands like find etc, is it possible to locate a file if i just know that the file that i'm searching for contains a particular text like "Hello world" or something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

Formatted TOP command output in file

Hi All, I want generate HP-UX overall system performance report. I tried executing top command and write that out put to file. but am not able to view the report in proper format. I can see report like below in file but i can see properly in terminal. Please suggest how can i get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lravip123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)