Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete gpt signatures
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete gpt signatures Post 302438453 by tannu on Monday 19th of July 2010 08:03:00 PM
Old 07-19-2010
Delete gpt signatures

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to delete GPT signatures in linux/unix.

Thanks
Tannu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

List of Signatures

Hi Guys I just want the list of signatures and the event IDs(If there are any) of the HP-UX System log. If anybody having the same, could you please just post me or give the link where I could find them. Thanks Guys Praveen Kumar Pagadala (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgdl_praveen
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Signatures

The signatures disappeared. The parameter setting of the forum does not seem to me very stable. Jean-Pierre. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aigles
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

RHEL4 easyRAID problem 2tb gpt xfs

hello community, i have problems with my redhat enterprise linux 4 nanhant 6 and my easyraid x8s (8x1tb) extern fibre channel raid extern raid configuration: raid level 5 (8x1tb) redhat system shows me four 2tb partitions and one 450gb partition from my raid :( why????? i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onkeldave
1 Replies

4. Boot Loaders

GPT/Protective MBR problem...

Hi, short thing: I've done something I didn't know what happens; bad thing: I did it with my partition table. :D My OS is Ubuntu 10.10. I've used GPT and now want to convert it to MBR with gdisk. I started gdisk, chose 'r' for "transformation options" and chose 'g' to "convert GPT into MBR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackbird
3 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Signatures

Hi is it possible to add signatures? I have found option in profile config to enable it but no option to set it for my account. I have found some discussion form 2007. https://www.unix.com/post-here-contact-site-administrators-moderators/39610-signatures.html Is it true signatures are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gito
8 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Ubuntu filesystem error corrupt GPT label

Need help/advice urgently.:wall: I really shot myself in the foot this time. Here is the scenario Have a Solaris server Solaris 10 x86 Update 8. Installed an LSI MegaRaid 9280 raid controller and attached a 16 bay JBOD box to it, created a RAID6 virtual drive with 1 hot spare. Created a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
2 Replies

7. Fedora

Disk Paritioning Scheme--GPT or MBR

Hi, I just built myself a new machine which has an ASUS motherboard with is UEFI based. I noticed after I installed Fedora 17 that my sda is MBR and my sdb is GPT: sda is a ssd drive. Should the ssd drive be GPT or is MBR okay? sda is 60Gb drive. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing Windows 7 on a GPT drive

Hello, My hard drive was formatted with GPT. It is part of a volume group and has two logical volumes on it. Is it possible to convert the drive to MBR? If so, how would I got about doing it? I know there are programs out there that do it, but I have volume groups with LVM's so I am wondering if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

GPT Partitions

(Don't you hate being on holiday and being the only IT person in the family?) Got a wonderful thanksgiving surprise .. dead windows-8 laptop with "important" unbacked-up data. No worries, I have my my fedora labtop and a magical SATA to USB converter. Plugged in the drive, and ... can't mount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekludwig
4 Replies
WIPEFS(8)						       System Administration							 WIPEFS(8)

NAME
wipefs - wipe a filesystem signature from a device SYNOPSIS
wipefs [-ahnpV] [-o offset] device DESCRIPTION
wipefs can erase filesystem or raid signatures (magic strings) from the specified device to make the filesystem invisible for libblkid. wipefs does not erase the filesystem itself nor any other data from the device. When used without options -a or -o, it lists all visible filesystems and the offsets of their signatures. OPTIONS
-a, --all Erase all available signatures. -h, --help Print help and exit. -n, --no-act Causes everything to be done except for the write() call. -o, --offset offset Specify the location (in bytes) of the signature which should be erased from the device. The offset number may include a "0x" pre- fix; then the number will be interpreted as a hex value. It is possible to specify multiple -o options. The offset argument may be followed by binary (2^N) suffixes KiB, MiB, GiB, TiB, PiB and EiB (the "iB" is optional, e.g. "K" has the same meaning as "KiB") or decimal (10^N) suffixes KB, MB, GB, PB and EB. -p, --parsable Print out in parsable instead of printable format. Encode all potentially unsafe characters of a string to the corresponding hex value prefixed by 'x'. -V, --version Output version information and exit. AUTHOR
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. AVAILABILITY
The wipefs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
blkid(8) findfs(8) util-linux October 2009 WIPEFS(8)