Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: savevg - mksysb
Operating Systems AIX savevg - mksysb Post 302438447 by dukessd on Monday 19th of July 2010 07:35:35 PM
Old 07-19-2010
What are you backing up to, tape, disk, cd, Etc?
Please post the exact command and error.
rc=3 implies the vg is already in use, are you backing up to a local filesystem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mksysb and Savevg woes

hi, i'm having a little trouble with an AIX 5.2 script that i have written and i was wondering if anyone could please offer me some advice on how to append a savevg backup to a mksysb tape, or more importantly where i'm going wrong? i've been trying to get this to work on and off for about a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boredazfcuk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mksysb and Savevg woes

hi, i'm having a little trouble with an AIX 5.2 script that i have written and i was wondering if anyone could please offer me some advice on how to append a savevg backup to a mksysb tape, or more importantly where i'm going wrong? i've been trying to get this to work for about a month with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boredazfcuk
2 Replies

3. AIX

nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
9 Replies

4. AIX

savevg/tar/mksysb of server-A on remote tape drive possible ?

Every 3 months we have to do backups (smitth mksysb/lsmksysb + tar) on at least 30 workstations. We have to carry around 2 external tape drives to connect to them. It is a pain to do because it takes at least 3 days to do (evening/night shift) and users sometimes complain that there desk is not put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

5. AIX

smitty savevg: online cmd with all options to use?

In the several backups we do, we do a "smitty savevg" on about 15 different servers at the same time. Typing all the options on the savg screen is kind of long. Is it possible to invoke the "smitty savevg" backups as command line (aix 4.2) but using all the options we always enter ? It would... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. AIX

aix 4.2: finding out the return code of a savevg/mksysb ?

Am I right to assume that to check the return code of a savevg/mksysb on an AIX 4.2 is with the "$?" ? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. AIX

savevg via nim, only vgdata

Other then creating a exclude 'all' file. Is there a way to just create a nim savevg resource that contains just the minimum info to restore a vg. The vg's dirs and files are being backed up. -pete (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: petepdx
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to estimate time of mksysb & savevg ?

Hi All, I need to plan a downtime and need know how much time is required to take mksysb & rootvg on LTO4. Following are vg informations... # lsvg -l rootvg rootvg: LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT hd5 boot 1 2 2 closed/syncd N/A hd6 paging 64 128 2 open/syncd N/A hd8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sraj142
1 Replies

9. AIX

Savevg when users online !!

Hi All, I need to take the backup of non-rootvg using savevg utility. I would like to know, if I can take the backup without shutting down the application & database. Is it possible to take the savevg backup safely when users are working on the system ? Regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sraj142
1 Replies

10. AIX

Restore from savevg

I am trying to restore files from savevg. I used to smit restore and gave the file location. Savevg is taken to a mount point from San storage and not tape back up. Can I restore just a directory from savevg? ---------- Post updated at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:42 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
1 Replies
AMFLUSH(8)						  System Administration Commands						AMFLUSH(8)

NAME
amflush - flush Amanda backup files from holding disk to tape SYNOPSIS
amflush [-b] [-f] [--exact-match] [-s] [-D datestamp] [-o configoption...] config [host [disk...]...] DESCRIPTION
Amflush writes Amanda backups from the holding disks to tape, and updates the Amanda info database and tapelist(5) accordingly. It is similar to amdump, but does not perform any backup operations on Amanda clients. Backups may stay in a holding disk when something is wrong with the tape at the time amdump is run. When this happens, the problem must be corrected and amflush run by hand. The command optionally takes a set of DLE specifications (see amanda-match(7)) to narrow the DLEs for which dumps will be flushed. All dumps in holding are flushed if no expressions are given. OPTIONS
-b Run amflush in batch mode. All datestamps are selected unless specified. The flush is started without confirmation. -f Run amflush in foreground. Amflush normally detaches itself from the tty and runs as a background process. With the -f option, amflush stays in the foreground. This is useful if amflush is run as part of another script that, for example, advances the tape after the flush is completed. -s Write log to stdout/stderr instead of the amflush log file. Requires the -f option. -D datestamp specify a datestamp expression you want to flush; see amanda-match(7) for details on the format of this expression. -D 20001225-7 will flush all dumps from 25 december 2000 to 27 december 2000. --exact-match The host and disk are parsed as exact values host [disk]* Specify the host and disk on which the command will work -- see the description of DLE specifications in amanda-match(7). -o configoption See the "CONFIGURATION OVERRIDE" section in amanda(8). You can specify many host/disk expressions, only disks that match an expression will be flushed. All disks are flushed if no expressions are given. see the "HOST & DISK EXPRESSION" section of amanda(8) for a description. Amflush will look in the holding disks specified by the amanda.conf file in /usr/local/etc/amanda/config for any non-empty Amanda work directories. It then prompts you to select a directory or to process all of the directories. The work directories in the holding disks are named by the date at the time amdump was run, e.g. 19910215. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. EXAMPLE
Amflush will search for holding areas associated with the daily configuration. After you select which holding area to flush, amflush writes the data to tape, updates the databases and sends a mail report similar to amdump(8). % amflush MyConfig Scanning /amanda-hold... 20001113: found Amanda directory. 20001114: found Amanda directory. Multiple Amanda directories, please pick one by letter: A. 20001113 B. 20001114 Select directories to flush [A..B]: [ALL] all Flushing dumps in 20001113, 20001114, today: 20001117 to tape drive /dev/rmt/0mn. Expecting tape DMP014 or a new tape. (The last dumps were to tape DMP013) Are you sure you want to do this? yes Running in background, you can log off now. You'll get mail when amflush is finished. The following example causes amflush to flush everything to tape, then ejects tape, using 'at' to run the task in the background. % echo 'amflush -b -f MyConfig && mt offline' | at now EXIT CODE
The exit code of amflush is the ORed value of: 0 = success 1 = error 4 = a dle failed 8 = Don't know the status of a dle (RESULT_MISSING in the report) 16 = tape error or no more tape SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8), amanda-match(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
James da Silva <jds@amanda.org> Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMFLUSH(8)