Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create a table - very new to unix Post 302438379 by joeyg on Monday 19th of July 2010 01:13:15 PM
Old 07-19-2010
Question Commonality between two files

Perhaps I am missing something, but I did not see anything 'common' between the two file examples. Or, perhaps, I just did not understand how you reference between the 2 files.

And, what is the desired output?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

MySql: create table error

Hi, iam learning MySql. Iam trieing to create a table in the database "guestbook" at the command line in mysql heres what i type but i get a error mysql>create table guestbook ->( -> name varchar(40) null. -> url varchar(40) null. -> comments ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create new table/field

Dear Folks, If I have 2 files, say A and B in format: A: $1 $2 01032 12856 01041 13351 01042 11071 01042 12854 01042 12862 01042 12866 . . . and B: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gr4wk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a C structure using table description.

There is table 'DEPT' in the database with the following desciption: Name Null? Type ------- -------- ------------------------ DEPTNO NOT NULL NUMBER(2) DNAME NULL VARCHAR2(14) LOC NULL VARCHAR2(13) Using shell script, I need to create a structure for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ehari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to create an output file as a table

Hi, I have four input files and would like to create an output file as a table. Please check the example below. File 1. 111111 222222 333333 444444 File 2. 555555 666666 777777 888888 File 3. aaaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcelus
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table

Hi I want create table based on csv file .I have come up with some informations getting columns names and then no idea from that .Please any help file.txt col1|col2|col3|col4|col5 1234|zxxxx|xcvvv|300|null file.sh file=$1 c1=`head -1 $file|tr "|" "\n" |cat -n` echo "$c1"... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
31 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Pivot table

I would like to use awk to parse a file with three columns in, like: Chennai,01,1 Chennai,07,1 Chennai,08,3 Chennai,09,6 Chennai,10,12 Chennai,11,19 Chennai,12,10 Chennai,13,12 Kerala,09,2 AP,10,1 AP,11,1 Delhi,13,1 Kerala,13,3 Chennai,00,3 Chennai,01,1 Chennai,02,1 Chennai,07,5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boston_nilesh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Script from table

I have a table ABC with 4 columns and below data Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4 prod,10,12,joba prod,10,11,jobb qa,10,12,jobc I want to create an output file like this Server:prod StartTime:10 EndTime:12 JobName:joba Server:prod StartTime:10 EndTime:11 JobName:jobb (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: traininfa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table using tbl command

Hi, I required the output like attached: I tried using the below command and i'm getting error: file with data: .TS box; cB s s c|c|c PO Download statistics - Host to SOM Time;Receive Time;Processing Time;PO count 4.30 AM OMHPO File;Tue Feb 21 04:39:55 EST 2012;Tue Feb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cns1710
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table within awk-if statement

Hi I am trying to create a table within an awk if statement awk -F, '{ if ($8 ~ /Match/) BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' SN1.csv | mailx -s "Your details" abc@123.com But this doesnt work.. Please suggest (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
8 Replies
DH_MISSING(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_MISSING(1)

NAME
       dh_missing - check for missing files

SYNOPSIS
       dh_missing [-Xitem] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_missing compares the list of installed files with the files in the source directory. If any of the files (and symlinks) in the source
       directory were not installed to somewhere, it will warn on stderr about that (--list-missing) or fail (--fail-missing).	Please note that
       without either of these options, dh_missing will silently do nothing.

This may be useful if you have a large package and want to make sure that you don't miss installing newly added files in new upstream
       releases.

Remember to test different kinds of builds (dpkg-buildpackage -A/-B/...) as you may experience varying results when only a subset of the
       packages are built.

FILES
       debian/not-installed
	   List the files that are deliberately not installed in any binary package.  Paths listed in this file are ignored by dh_missing.
	   However, it is not a method to exclude files from being installed by any of the debhelper tool.  If you want a tool to not install a
	   given file, please use its --exclude option (where available).

dh_missing will expand wildcards in this file (since debhelper 11.1).  Wildcards without matches will be ignored.

OPTIONS
       --list-missing
	   Warn on stderr about source files not installed to somewhere.

Note that files that are excluded from being moved via the -X option are not warned about.

This is the default in compat 12 and later.

--fail-missing
	   This option is like --list-missing, except if a file was missed, it will not only list the missing files, but also fail with a nonzero
	   exit code.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							     DH_MISSING(1)