Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create a table - very new to unix Post 302438363 by aj250 on Monday 19th of July 2010 12:33:00 PM
Old 07-19-2010
Create a table - very new to unix

I need to create a simple table of information by grepping several columns from various files and display them all at once with simple headers on top. Can anyone help get me started? I am very new to unix so I really have no idea how to work with this and I appreciate any help I can get! Let me know if any additional information is necessary. Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

MySql: create table error

Hi, iam learning MySql. Iam trieing to create a table in the database "guestbook" at the command line in mysql heres what i type but i get a error mysql>create table guestbook ->( -> name varchar(40) null. -> url varchar(40) null. -> comments ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create new table/field

Dear Folks, If I have 2 files, say A and B in format: A: $1 $2 01032 12856 01041 13351 01042 11071 01042 12854 01042 12862 01042 12866 . . . and B: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gr4wk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a C structure using table description.

There is table 'DEPT' in the database with the following desciption: Name Null? Type ------- -------- ------------------------ DEPTNO NOT NULL NUMBER(2) DNAME NULL VARCHAR2(14) LOC NULL VARCHAR2(13) Using shell script, I need to create a structure for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ehari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to create an output file as a table

Hi, I have four input files and would like to create an output file as a table. Please check the example below. File 1. 111111 222222 333333 444444 File 2. 555555 666666 777777 888888 File 3. aaaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcelus
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table

Hi I want create table based on csv file .I have come up with some informations getting columns names and then no idea from that .Please any help file.txt col1|col2|col3|col4|col5 1234|zxxxx|xcvvv|300|null file.sh file=$1 c1=`head -1 $file|tr "|" "\n" |cat -n` echo "$c1"... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
31 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Pivot table

I would like to use awk to parse a file with three columns in, like: Chennai,01,1 Chennai,07,1 Chennai,08,3 Chennai,09,6 Chennai,10,12 Chennai,11,19 Chennai,12,10 Chennai,13,12 Kerala,09,2 AP,10,1 AP,11,1 Delhi,13,1 Kerala,13,3 Chennai,00,3 Chennai,01,1 Chennai,02,1 Chennai,07,5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boston_nilesh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Script from table

I have a table ABC with 4 columns and below data Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4 prod,10,12,joba prod,10,11,jobb qa,10,12,jobc I want to create an output file like this Server:prod StartTime:10 EndTime:12 JobName:joba Server:prod StartTime:10 EndTime:11 JobName:jobb (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: traininfa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table using tbl command

Hi, I required the output like attached: I tried using the below command and i'm getting error: file with data: .TS box; cB s s c|c|c PO Download statistics - Host to SOM Time;Receive Time;Processing Time;PO count 4.30 AM OMHPO File;Tue Feb 21 04:39:55 EST 2012;Tue Feb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cns1710
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table within awk-if statement

Hi I am trying to create a table within an awk if statement awk -F, '{ if ($8 ~ /Match/) BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' SN1.csv | mailx -s "Your details" abc@123.com But this doesnt work.. Please suggest (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
8 Replies
PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1)

NAME
pbuilder-dist-simple - simple multi-release pbuilder wrapper SYNOPSIS
pbuilder-<dist> operation [...] DESCRIPTION
pbuilder-dist-simple is a wrapper that makes it easy to use pbuilder with chroots for many different Ubuntu distributions. If you need more features than pbuilder-dist-simple provides, have a look at pbuilder-dist(1). USAGE
Create one symlink to pbuilder-dist-simple for each distribution for which you want a build environment, naming them like "pbuilder-lucid", "pbuilder-natty", etc. Replace operation with the action you want pbuilder-dist-simple to do (create, update, build, clean, login or execute). EXAMPLES
pbuilder-natty create Creates a pbuilder environment for Ubuntu Natty. pbuilder-lucid update Updates an existing Ubuntu Lucid environment. pbuilder-lucid build ./sample_1.0-0ubuntu1.dsc Builds the specified package on an already existing Ubuntu Lucid environment. FILES
By default, pbuilder-dist-simple will store all the files it generates in ~/pbuilder/. This can be changed by modifying the BASE_DIR value on the top of the script to any other directory you want. If the directory doesn't exit, it will be created at runtime. SEE ALSO
pbuilder(1), pbuilderrc(5), pbuilder-dist(1) AUTHORS
pbuilder-dist was originally written by Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> and Jordan Mantha <mantha@ubuntu.com>, and this man- page by Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools February 25, 2008 PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1)