Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.2 installation on 'IBM system p5 type 9110-51A' Post 302438327 by Padow on Monday 19th of July 2010 10:29:53 AM
Old 07-19-2010
I'm assuming you are trying to connect using hyperterm via the console port on the host, and that you do not own an HMC...

Make sure your console is set to 19200 Baud for Power 5 and above, 9600 baud for older machines.
Padow

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Trying to hookup my notebook to my IBM 7046-B50 type rack RS6000/AIX system

Greetings to all: Gentlemen, I've tried extremely hard to hookup my notebook via the hyperterminal to my AIX box (IBM 7046-B50) by virtue of a cross-over cable. Don't know really whats going on ......to my surprise. The notebook says its hookedup successfully but shows no unix login prompt on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhatmi
6 Replies

2. AIX

activating volume group on system after higher level aix installation

Hi, if I do install aix 5.3 on the rootvg of an aix 4.3.3 system (having rootvg and data1vg), is it possible to varyonvg the data1vg after the installation ? (any caution ?) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: astjen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

4. AIX

installation of 5.2 on iBM p series system

Hi all, we have iBM p series server on that 4. 3 operating system is runing.but i need ti install 5.2 or 5.3 then i ahve to install oracle 10g release 2 .but we have only 1 GB of RAM.can i install 5.2 or 5.3 with same RAM and please send me a document which discribe about how to install... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
5 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Installation of IBM Cognos 8 BI on Sun solaris operating system

Hi All, I am newbie to Sun solaris operating system. I am trying to install IBM Cognos 8 on it. However it can't execute the installation path when i insert to CD when i double click it. Anyone have any idea on installing it? or any documentation for me to view? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkyow
0 Replies

7. AIX

IBM System Director Installation

Anyone has installed IBM System Director? May I have the procedures manual or any experiences can be shared? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

8. AIX

Cannot login to IBM 9110 - 510

Hi, I bought a second hand IBM machine model 9110 - 510. This machine is connected to a terminal (orange color text) through a serial port and when I bought the machine it shows its model and it ask for user id and password but i tried many without luck. I want to reset the root password... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yalmutawa
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to install AIX 5.1 on p5 type 9110-51A ?

Hello ALL I have a p510-9110 server with Aix 5.3 installed .. I have many issues related to (oracle 11.5.3 apps) . and oracle said :this OS is not supported with the current apps ..just 5.1 . I tried to install 5.1 on the p510 server , but even no boot from 5.1 cd !!! after goggling... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzmaher
10 Replies

10. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
iscc(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   iscc(7)

NAME
iscc - serial communications interface SYNOPSIS
controller iscc0 at isa0 DESCRIPTION
An onboard Zilog 8530 DUART provides AXPvme-based Single Board Computers with console (CON) and auxiliary (AUX) serial communications ports. Both serial communications ports can operate at baud rates from B50 to B38400, excluding B134 (see tty(7)). On AXPvme Single Board Computers configured with a graphics head as the system console, the CON serial communications port (/dev/tty01) is available for use by application programs as an additional communications port. In the absence of a graphics head, the CON serial communications port (/dev/console) becomes the system console. When used as the serial system console, the CON serial communications port always operates at 9600 BPS, 8-bits, and no parity. Regardless of system console, the AUX serial communications port (/dev/tty00) is always available for use by application programs. RESTRICTIONS
Data communications equipment attached to the CON serial communications port must be set to 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity when configured as the serial system console. The iscc terminal driver enforces this restriction. No modem control is supported for either the CON or AUX serial communications ports. FILES
console terminal local terminal local terminal RELATED INFORMATION
console(7), devio(7), tty(7), MAKEDEV(8) delim off iscc(7)