Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script that delete a File when a DEL File will be placed in same folder Post 302438194 by Bjoern28 on Monday 19th of July 2010 05:02:13 AM
Old 07-19-2010
Thanks scottn,

this works great.. so hope it works also in a cronjob Smilie Just test it Smilie

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to delete folder based on text file information

I have been working on a script to list all the name's of a subfolder in a text file then edit that text file and then delete the subfolder base on the edited text file so far I have been able to do every thing I just talked about but can't figure out how to delete the subfolers base on a text file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bone11409
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete file from folder

Hi all, I amd new in UNIX programming. I have a query. I need to delete some files (like .dec files) from some folders. I have a list of folders. What will be command for it. Please help me. Thanks in Advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclairs
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync delete single file from the target folder

Hi We want to delete a single file from the destiantion directory using rsync. Is it possible to do this ? or Do we have any alternate approaches in rsync( for ex applying some filters ..etc) For ex: ----------------------------------------------- Source (Folder) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

not del a file not affecting other permissions

i was faced by a question from a friend. i found it very tricky. all my months of learning unix i never can figure it out still. heres the question he faced me with. wondering if you all can help me figure a solution. ill let him know the forums helped me out :D What command would you use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunny231
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To delete the oldest files in a file when file count in the folder exceeds 7

Hi All, I need to delete the oldest file in folder when the file count in the folder exceed 6 ( i have a process that puts the source files into this folder ) E.x : Folder : /data/opt/backup 01/01/2012 a.txt 01/02/2012 b.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akshay01987
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete more than 7 days file from Target folder?

Hi Team, I have to remove files which are more than 7 days in my target directory. I have this script but using this i faced some problems like, removed library files of unix. for abc in `find /xxx/abc/OutputFiles/xxxx_*.txt -type f -mtime +5|xargs ls 1` do echo "xxx files are:"$abc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harris
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Del: line 13: syntax error: unexpected end of file

1 echo -e "Enter a filename" 2 read filename 3 if 4 then 5 echo -e "do you want to delete?" 6 read answer 7 if 8 then rm myfirst 9 else 10 echo -e "file not deleted" 11 fi 12 exit0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Speedy
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Oracle dump file (del format) import into db2

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: are the oracle dump files compatible to direct import into db2? I already tried many times but it always truncated results. anyone can help/ advice or suggest? 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: exp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonny_103024
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
CONSTANT(3)								 1							       CONSTANT(3)

constant - Returns the value of a constant

SYNOPSIS
mixed constant (string $name) DESCRIPTION
Return the value of the constant indicated by $name. constant(3) is useful if you need to retrieve the value of a constant, but do not know its name. I.e. it is stored in a variable or returned by a function. This function works also with class constants. PARAMETERS
o $name - The constant name. RETURN VALUES
Returns the value of the constant, or NULL if the constant is not defined. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS An E_WARNING level error is generated if the constant is not defined. EXAMPLES
Example #1 constant(3) example <?php define("MAXSIZE", 100); echo MAXSIZE; echo constant("MAXSIZE"); // same thing as the previous line interface bar { const test = 'foobar!'; } class foo { const test = 'foobar!'; } $const = 'test'; var_dump(constant('bar::'. $const)); // string(7) "foobar!" var_dump(constant('foo::'. $const)); // string(7) "foobar!" ?> SEE ALSO
define(3), defined(3), The section on Constants. PHP Documentation Group CONSTANT(3)