Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Xorg is taking System Resources. Post 302438082 by fpmurphy on Sunday 18th of July 2010 10:05:32 AM
Old 07-18-2010
Quote:
Xorg process was taking most of the time 20% of CPU and Memory.How to make it normal.
What do you regard as normal?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VI hogging system resources???

Hello all. I was on my pc last night when I noticed that my hard drive light was on and when I typed in "uptime" I recieved some crazy load averages. load average: 3.30, 3.07, 2.95. Anyway I type in "top" to see what processes are being the resource hogs and im surprised as hell to see that one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePreacher
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System Resources?

I am running a C program on a SCO box. There are multiple users on using the system resources. My problem is when using fprintfs in the program. I am writing to a log every thing I read in from a file after doing some formatting. I write out to the log with the fprintfs in groupings like 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwolfe
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking a system off a network on a system

say i have a system on thats on a network with access to the internet. now, i have sensitive information on this system and i do not want the system to be connected to the outside world anymore. how do i get it off the network without actually having to disconnect the cables? i'm asking this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
4 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

5. AIX

Finding process taking up resources

I'm assuming that using the PS command would tell me about processes running. But how can I target a process that is taking up too many resources, and slowing down the system. Even an orphan process. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looking for utility to monitor system resources

Hi Community, I'm looking for a linux based utility for monitoring following system resources 1. Memory 2. CPU Usage I know there are plenty freewares which poll the data and print in form of html pages. For eg. MRTG, Novel's Linux Monitoring tools etc. But my requirement is deviated a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilgurwara
1 Replies
LESSECHO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LESSECHO(1)

NAME
lessecho - expand metacharacters SYNOPSIS
lessecho [-ox] [-cx] [-pn] [-dn] [-mx] [-nn] [-ex] [-a] file ... DESCRIPTION
lessecho is a program that simply echos its arguments on standard output. But any metacharacter in the output is preceded by an "escape" character, which by default is a backslash. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -ex Specifies "x", rather than backslash, to be the escape char for metachars. If x is "-", no escape char is used and arguments con- taining metachars are surrounded by quotes instead. -ox Specifies "x", rather than double-quote, to be the open quote character, which is used if the -e- option is specified. -cx Specifies "x" to be the close quote character. -pn Specifies "n" to be the open quote character, as an integer. -dn Specifies "n" to be the close quote character, as an integer. -mx Specifies "x" to be a metachar. By default, no characters are considered metachars. -nn Specifies "n" to be a metachar, as an integer. -fn Specifies "n" to be the escape char for metachars, as an integer. -a Specifies that all arguments are to be quoted. The default is that only arguments containing metacharacters are quoted SEE ALSO
less(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Thomas Schoepf <schoepf@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Send bug reports or comments to bug-less@gnu.org. Version 458: 04 Apr 2013 LESSECHO(1)