Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenServe 5.0.0 media kit?
Operating Systems SCO OpenServe 5.0.0 media kit? Post 302438020 by jgt10 on Saturday 17th of July 2010 12:40:07 PM
Old 07-17-2010
Error OpenServe 5.0.0 media kit?

I have a client with an OLD Point of Sale system (another POS tla). Old as in running since 1995! Smilie

I'm cloning the system, but want to complete the backup/disaster recovery plan by having the media kit.

Does anyone have a 5.0.0 media kit I can beg, borrow or buy?

Thanks!

JGT

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Help installing a Computational Tool Kit

Hi ! I have been trying to install IMSL Computational Tool Kit on a server. It is a Lunix Redhat V.4 with Intel pentium d processor and Intel fortran compiler 8.1 and the type of command shell we run is bash. I dont know if the problem is with the Installation or the Lunix system. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Perl development Kit

Can any please give information abount any perl development tools that i can install in Sun Solaris 10. Is Active State provide any perl IDE for Solaris? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjithin
3 Replies

3. SCO

Looking for openserver 5.0.5 media kit

Hello We are running a pretty old system here which needs to be re-installed. Unfortunately even if all my licences are okay, my install CD are missing in the box. I contacted sco in order to get these media kit, with no luck (product discontinued) I was wondering if some good pal would... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qube001
5 Replies

4. Solaris

root-kit

Dear Guys, I want to know more about root-kit in Solaris.. If I'm not mistaken, root-kit is a bunch of scripts nor executable program that can manipulate root-privileges. And sometimes, root-kit is defined as malware.. Is that right? How to check whether my system got root-kit installed?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankoko
2 Replies

5. SCO

SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5 Media Kit

My client has lost the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media. However, they do have a working SCO 5.0.5 system, but is crumbling apart. Where can I find the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media? Or can I get a copy of the SCO CD as a ISO file? Your help is much appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

HP DL380 g6 Riser kit

I have 2 DL380g6 servers, one server has a riser kit installed and the other does not. running rhel5.6, how from the OS can I see the riser kit is installed? lspci didn't list the riser kit, but then again I'm not entirely sure its classified as a pci device? Is there a way to see it from the OS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkeyes001
1 Replies

7. SCO

Need SCO 5.0.6 openserver media kit

hello everyone i need a copy of sco 5.0.6 iso for isntall a new server crash I read in a post that someone uploaded to an ftp an iso but I did not find the ftp any can helpme? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjgeddo
7 Replies
gentapes(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       gentapes(8)

Name
       gentapes - produce distribution mag tape media

Syntax
       /usr/sys/dist/gentapes [-{wv}] [hostname:]product_code special

Description
       The  utility is used to produce MT9 or TK50 mag tape distribution media.  The utility searches for the product_code as provided by the user
       on the command line, plus the letters "TK" which is appended to the product code by the utility.  If  a	corresponding  kit  descriptor	is
       found  in  the  utility uses the information in the kit descriptor to copy files to the tape media mounted on tape drive special.  Once all
       files have been transferred, the tape is rewound and each file is verified by using the results of and comparing it to sums  given  in  the
       kit  image  file.   The utility can support multi-volume tape kits, and multiproduct tape kits.	See for information on how to set up these
       features.

The optional hostname: is the name of a remote TCP/IP network machine that contains the kitcap file.  The utility will search on the remote
       machine for the product_code and use it for creating the media.	The colon (:) is a required delimiter for TCP/IP networks, and there is no
       space between the colon and the product_code.  For example, if the product code was ULT-2.2-V-BW, and the kitcap file to  be  used  was	on
       node "mynode", the proper syntax for this option would be
	    mynode:ULT-2.2-V-BW

The  product_code  is  a  user  defined code that is located in and describes the partition, directories, and subsets that make up a kitcap
       description.  It can be any set of numbers or letters and is usually formed in a way to have some meaning relative to the product  that	it
       describes.  For example, if the product name is MYPRODUCT and it is version 1, the product_code might be MYP010.

The special argument is used to specify a special device such as /dev/nrmt?l.

Options
       -w     Write only.

-v     Verify only.

If neither option appears on the command line, the utility by default will write and then verify the files in the kit descriptor.

Restrictions
       You  must  be  a  superuser  to run this program.  If the optional hostname is used, you must be able to access files on the remote host as
       superuser.

Files
       ra device special files

Kit descriptor database

See Also
       sum(1), kitcap(5), genra(8)

gentapes(8)