Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Two a1000s to one server?
Operating Systems Solaris Two a1000s to one server? Post 302437950 by upengan78 on Friday 16th of July 2010 05:52:37 PM
Old 07-16-2010
Two a1000s to one server? [SOLVED]

Hello all,

I have an A1000 connected to a Sun-Fire-V440(solaris10) through server's HVD scsi card. The card has 2 scsi ports on it and 1 of the ports was initially connected to A1000. And, this A1000 is terminated using a terminator. (c4t5d0)

Now, I want to connect another A1000 storage to same server. What is the best way to connect the second storage? Do I connect new A1000 to second port on server's hvd scsi card or rather the two A1000s need to be daisy chained only?

As for trying I have connected second A1000 to the second scsi port on server's scsi card and format shows the new device but raid manager software does not show anything about second A1000. I did not reboot server after connecting second A1000.
Code:
2. c4t5d0 <Symbios-StorEDGEA1000-0301 cyl 65533 alt 2 hd 64 sec 152>
          /pci@1d,700000/scsi@2,1/sd@5,0
3. c5t5d0 <Symbios-StorEDGEA1000-0301 cyl 65533 alt 2 hd 64 sec 169>
          /pci@1d,700000/scsi@2/sd@5,0

c4t5d0 already configured from rm6 and raid5 Lun is mounted on server.
c5t5d0 is new A1000 which I don't see in RM6

Please let me know what is the right way of connecting second A1000.

Appreciate your help!
ThanksSmilie

Last edited by upengan78; 07-26-2010 at 02:54 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server ehen Restarting Database Server?

Good afternoon I need your help please. There is a Mantenance Windos which needs to Restart de Database Server 192.x.x.97 to set up some configuration Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server that runs in 192.x.x.95 ? Is it mandatory or not to stop/start apache and Tomcat?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
DAIC(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   DAIC(4)

NAME
daic -- isdn4bsd driver for EICON.Diehl active ISDN cards SYNOPSIS
daic0 at isa? iomem 0xd8000 irq 10 DESCRIPTION
The daic driver supports the old Diehl active cards: S, SX, SXn, SCOM and QUADRO. For a QUADRO card, the driver will detect the board type and use all four ports, each attached as a controller of its own to the isdn4bsd system, which can be listed using the daicctl utility. The daic driver interfaces the ISDN card to the ISDN4BSD kernel subsystem. All lower layer ISDN control is handled by the card. This should allow you to run any national ISDN protocol delivered by EICON.Diehl for your card, but the driver has only been tested with the DSS1 proto- col and some parts of the cards interface are ISDN protocol dependent. The daic driver is written to conform to the software interface documented by Diehl in their ISDN-Karten Benutzerhandbuch from 1992. MICROCODE DOWNLOAD
Every active card needs its own operating software before it can work. You have to download this to the card before using it with isdn4bsd. Use the daicctl utility to do this, i.e. call daicctl -d te_etsi.sx 1 to download the file te_etsi.sx to controller number 1. Use daicctl -l to list all available controllers (and ports). You have to select the correct ISDN protocol file for your ISDN interface, see the Diehl docu- mentation for details. The cards bootstrap process involves another file, which is independent of the card type you use and the protocol you run. It is called download.bin in current versions of the Diehl software distribution and has to be copied to the kernel compile directory under dev/microcode/daic and converted into a header file used when compiling the kernel by running make in that directory. Your kernel compile will fail and remind you of this if you forget to do this. Due to copyright restrictions we cannot distribute the driver with this file inte- grated. But if you own a card, you do have the file (or can get it from the Diehl web server). SEE ALSO
daicctl(1) BUGS
The driver is not yet finished. BSD
January 30, 1998 BSD