Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IPMP problem
Operating Systems Solaris IPMP problem Post 302437928 by latheefp on Friday 16th of July 2010 04:07:01 PM
Old 07-16-2010
try below command to unplumb and plumb all interfaces again.
Code:
#ifconfig ce0 unplumb;
#ifconfig ce5 unplumb;
##ifconfig ce0 plumb;
#ifconfig ce5 plumb;
#ifconfig ce0 `cat /etc/hostname.ce0`
#ifconfig ce5 `cat /etc/hostname.ce5`
#route add default <your gatway">

Last edited by Scott; 07-16-2010 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Ipmp

Hi All, Kindly help me in configuring IPMP or guid me to some link, tried goggling however no luck. Thanks in anticipation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP questions

Probe-based IPMP active - active Probe-based IPMP active - passive Link-based only active -standby ???? What are differences between Probe-based IPMP active - passive anddd Link-based only active -standby ???!!! For example in active active probe-based IPMP there are lets... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samar
6 Replies

3. Solaris

IPMP. Is this a NIC problem!!?

-- IPMP Groups -- Node Name Group Status Adapter Status --------- ----- ------ ------- ------ IPMP Group: hostname1.xx-xxxx.xxxi sc_ipmp1 Online ce5 Online IPMP Group: hostname1.xx-xxxx.xxxi ipmpgrp01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
2 Replies

4. Solaris

setting up IPMP

Guide me in setting up IPMP on solaris 10 box . my system has 2 physical interface bge0 - not used bge1 - 10.10.10.10 bge1:1 - 10.10.10.11 please guide , how can i implement IPMP on this server , how many additional test ip is required ? , as 2 ip's are configured on bge1 interface ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
3 Replies

5. Solaris

IPMP configuration and detach problem

Hi, I've a problem when try to detach nic e1000g1. IPMP configuration: # ifconfig -a ...cut... e1000g1: flags=1000842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 7 inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0 ether 0:c:29:67:16:ef e1000g2: flags=1000842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
3 Replies

6. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Dear All, I have configured IPMP in one of my SUN machine which is having solros 9 version. I have updated all files like /etc/hosts,/etc/hostname.ce0 and /etc/hostname.ce1 and rebooted the server. But IP's are not mounted which i have given in /etc/hosts file. Please find the below ifconfig... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
6 Replies

7. Solaris

ipmp testing

Please tell me how to configure IPMP in vmware what is the basic working concept of IPMP. please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris IPMP

Can any one please explain me the concept behind IPMP in solaris clustering.Basic explanation would be really appreciated... Thanks in Advance vks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
2 Replies

9. Solaris

IPMP Configuration Question/Problem

Hi, I have two physical interface connected to solaris box. 1. e1000g1 2. e1000g2 I have added these interfaced under a same IPMP group "IPMP1" After that I have configured a test address for e1000g1 like below ifconfig e1000g1 addif <ip-address> netmask + broadcast + -failover... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
1 Replies
sppptun(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sppptun(1M)

NAME
sppptun - PPP tunneling driver utility SYNOPSIS
sppptun plumb sppptun plumb protocol device sppptun unplumb interface sppptun query DESCRIPTION
The sppptun utility is used to configure and query the Solaris PPP tunneling device driver, /dev/sppptun. Currently, only PPP over Ether- net (PPPoE) is supported, so the plumb and unplumb arguments are used to specify Ethernet interfaces that are to be used for PPPoE, and the query option lists the plumbed interfaces. The use of sppptun to add interfaces is similar to the use of ifconfig(1M) to add interfaces to IP. The plumbing is done once for each interface, preferably at system start-up time, and is not normally manipulated on a running system. If multiple instances of PPP are run over a single interface, they share the plumbing to that interface. Plumbing for each session is not required (and not possible for PPPoE). The proper way to plumb interfaces for PPPoE is to list the interfaces, one per line, in the /etc/ppp/pppoe.if file. USAGE
sppptun plumb When specified with no additional arguments, the plumb argument lists the protocols that are supported by the utility. These are the strings that are used as the protocol argument below. sppptun plumb protocol device This plumbs a new interface into the driver. The protocol parameter is pppoe for the PPP-carrying "Session Stage" connection or pppoed for the PPPoE "Discovery Stage" connection. Both connections must be present for each Ethernet interface that is to be used for PPPoE. The device parameter is the path name of the Ethernet interface to use (use ifconfig(1M) to list available devices). If the path begins with /dev/, then this portion may be omitted. sppptun unplumb interface This removes an existing interface from the driver and terminates any PPP sessions that were using the interface. The interface parame- ter is the name of the interface as reported when the interface was plumbed. sppptun query Displays the canonical names of all interfaces plumbed into the /dev/sppptun device driver. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Setting up to Use PPPoE on hme0 Plumb the hme0 interface. # sppptun plumb pppoed hme0 hme0:pppoed # sppptun plumb pppoe hme0 hme0:pppoe Remove the hme0 interface. # sppptun unplumb hme0:pppoed # sppptun unplumb hme0:pppoe Example 2: Script to Remove All Plumbed Interfaces #!/bin/sh for intf in `sppptun query` do sppptun unplumb $intf done EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 One or more errors occurred. FILES
/etc/ppp/pppoe.if list of Ethernet interfaces to be plumbed at boot time /usr/sbin/sppptun executable command /dev/sppptun Solaris PPP tunneling device driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpppdt | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pppd(1M), pppoec(1M), pppoed(1M), sppptun(7M) RFC 2516, Method for Transmitting PPP Over Ethernet (PPPoE), Mamakos et al, February 1999 SunOS 5.10 19 Mar 2001 sppptun(1M)