Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What Company Makes Your Mobile Phone? Post 302437896 by Neo on Friday 16th of July 2010 01:19:55 PM
Old 07-16-2010
I am totally addicted to smart phones currently with a Nokia E63 and an old E61 as a backup. The latest version of Google Maps has voice-based search. Very cool. I was driving in Bangkok the other day and said "Indian Food" and it was fun watching the various places for Indian food pop up on my map.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to forward email to mobile phone?

could anyone tell me how to forward ur email to mobile by writing a unix script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
4 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Do You Use Your Mobile Phone to Access the Internet?

How much do you use your mobile phone to access the Internet? Vote and Discuss!! (46 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
46 Replies
phones(4)							   File Formats 							 phones(4)

NAME
phones - remote host phone number database SYNOPSIS
/etc/phones DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/phones contains the system-wide private phone numbers for the tip(1) program. /etc/phones is normally unreadable, and so may contain privileged information. The format of /etc/phones is a series of lines of the form: <system-name>[ ]*<phone-number>. The system name is one of those defined in the remote(4) file and the phone number is constructed from [0123456789-=*%]. The `=' and `*' characters are indicators to the auto call units to pause and wait for a second dial tone (when going through an exchange). The `=' is required by the DF02-AC and the `*' is required by the BIZCOMP 1030. Comment lines are lines containing a `#' sign in the first column of the line. Only one phone number per line is permitted. However, if more than one line in the file contains the same system name tip(1) will attempt to dial each one in turn, until it establishes a connection. FILES
/etc/phones SEE ALSO
tip(1), remote(4) SunOS 5.10 14 Jan 1992 phones(4)