Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to monitor Machine Health (Project Doctortux) Input needed. Post 302437785 by methyl on Friday 16th of July 2010 06:00:35 AM
Old 07-16-2010
Looks remarkably like this, so maybe it is Linux?

Script to monitor CPU information.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

how to monitor a freebsd machine using nagios

hi everyone. Any idea how to monitor a machine running freebsd 7.0 using Nagios? The Nagios server is currently on another machine. thanks :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Monitor server's health

Dear all, There wasn't any monitoring on our server except on the filesystem. Therefore, I was wondering anything i should do on a daily basis to check on the server's status, health, hardware, or any other thing as a disaster prevention? Also, what command i should use to do that? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script creation (Input needed)

Hi , I m trying to write a script in linux . The problem is the output of command get changed every now and then. Just like top command in linux. How would i manipulate the output of the command ? The command i m talking about gives the real time values of performance of hosted guest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

4. Programming

Help Needed Regarding Project

hai guys, I'am a newbie to this forum and to unix as well...as a part of our syllabus i got a project in Unix which i have to do in 4 days.Project is kinda File locking i will give the project specs...guys please help me.. Established client-server architecture using socket... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosemolr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Health - Cpu, Load, IO Monitor

hello there, can someone please tell me the commands that makes sense, from a production point of view, to be used to make sure CPU, LOAD or IO usages on a Linux or Solaris server isn't too high? I'm aware of vmstat, iostat, sar. But i seriously need real world advice as to what fields in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris machine without monitor!!!

Dear friends, I have solaris machine which doesn't have a monitor attached to it, I access it from another computer using putty. I was wondering if it is possible that by the time the computer starts, I could see all those boot messages live on my putty terminal. And is there any terminal... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Best way to monitor health of Solaris zones ?

What is the best way to monitor the health of solaris zones? Through the global zone or through the individual zones itself ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CuriousDev
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input password to bash script, save, and enter when needed

I am looking for a way to start a script and have it prompt for a password that will be used later on in the script to SSH to another host and to SFTP. I don't want the password to be hard coded. Below is my script with the actual IP's and usernames removed. #!/usr/bin/expect -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
2 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)