Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to monitor Machine Health (Project Doctortux) Input needed. Post 302437779 by rdcwayx on Friday 16th of July 2010 05:44:43 AM
Old 07-16-2010
So which unix env for your script, solaris, linux or others?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

how to monitor a freebsd machine using nagios

hi everyone. Any idea how to monitor a machine running freebsd 7.0 using Nagios? The Nagios server is currently on another machine. thanks :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Monitor server's health

Dear all, There wasn't any monitoring on our server except on the filesystem. Therefore, I was wondering anything i should do on a daily basis to check on the server's status, health, hardware, or any other thing as a disaster prevention? Also, what command i should use to do that? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script creation (Input needed)

Hi , I m trying to write a script in linux . The problem is the output of command get changed every now and then. Just like top command in linux. How would i manipulate the output of the command ? The command i m talking about gives the real time values of performance of hosted guest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

4. Programming

Help Needed Regarding Project

hai guys, I'am a newbie to this forum and to unix as well...as a part of our syllabus i got a project in Unix which i have to do in 4 days.Project is kinda File locking i will give the project specs...guys please help me.. Established client-server architecture using socket... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosemolr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Health - Cpu, Load, IO Monitor

hello there, can someone please tell me the commands that makes sense, from a production point of view, to be used to make sure CPU, LOAD or IO usages on a Linux or Solaris server isn't too high? I'm aware of vmstat, iostat, sar. But i seriously need real world advice as to what fields in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris machine without monitor!!!

Dear friends, I have solaris machine which doesn't have a monitor attached to it, I access it from another computer using putty. I was wondering if it is possible that by the time the computer starts, I could see all those boot messages live on my putty terminal. And is there any terminal... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Best way to monitor health of Solaris zones ?

What is the best way to monitor the health of solaris zones? Through the global zone or through the individual zones itself ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CuriousDev
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input password to bash script, save, and enter when needed

I am looking for a way to start a script and have it prompt for a password that will be used later on in the script to SSH to another host and to SFTP. I don't want the password to be hard coded. Below is my script with the actual IP's and usernames removed. #!/usr/bin/expect -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)