Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help needed to find out the disk controller for veritas disks Post 302437726 by fugitive on Friday 16th of July 2010 03:28:19 AM
Old 07-16-2010
try #vxdisk -e list which gives OS native names ..
This User Gave Thanks to fugitive For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Controller target disk?

Hi, I am a newbie to Solaris. I want to know how to find out the controller target and disk number on a SunFire V890 box that has 6X72GB disks. The probe-scsi output is as shown below: /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@2 LiD HA LUN --- Port WWN --- ----- Disk description ----- 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhir_shet
1 Replies

2. SCO

driver needed for hp smartarry p200i sas raid controller

recently we have purchased hp proliant ml350 g5 server and configured raid 5 with hp smartarray p200i sas controller.but i could not found any sas raid controller hp smartarry p200i driver for sco unix 5.0.7 :(.i searched on hp support site,but no use.any one can help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
3 Replies

3. Solaris

RAID controller needed for SVM?

hi this may be a very stupid question, but im quite new to Solaris (gonna buid my first system, Solaris 10 on x86 system, connected to other windows systems in a home network) i wanna put a RAID 5 system in there to back up my other systems at home; iv read that its really so easy with SVM to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Landser
4 Replies

4. SCO

Warning HD: no root disk controller was found

hi... i hav a problem to install sco unix while installing sco unix 5.0.5 in acer altos with hardware raid am getting error "Warning HD: no root disk controller was found system error 5: while getting fs type flushing controller: DAC960PRL cache done." i hav use the following... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: mselvaprakash
18 Replies

5. SCO

Change Disk controller in SCO 6.0.0

So today I tried to upgrade a customer from a Proliant with an HPSAS controller to an Intel server with a MEGASAS controller. First, I downloaded the megasas driver from SCO and installed it on the old system. Then I created a new Microlite Edge emergency boot cd with the new driver on it. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
2 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Changed disk controller -> drops into GRUB?!

I changed disk controller. Unplugged every disk, inserted another controller card, an IBM M1015. The disks are recognized in BIOS, and the controller card's BIOS shows up. But after that, I drop into GRUB and a prompt. That is all. How shall I solve this problem? I am thinking of booting from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Disk controller reassignment

Hi The scenario in the oracle t4-1 hardware with solaris 10 is as follows: 1. The initial install on the server was performed with an incorrect disk layout. 2. New disks were ordered and slot into the server. 3. The disks are allocated a controller and a disk number based on the disk or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Disks are not visible in Veritas Volume manager

Hi I have created a new setup for VCS for doing some testing on virtual box. After creating 3 Solaris 10 machine (147148-26) with VCS. Here I have used one machine as ISCSI Storage. VCS Version is bash-3.2# /opt/VRTS/bin/haclus -value EngineVersion 6.0.10.0 bash-3.2# bash-3.2# pkginfo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
4 Replies
isalist(1)							   User Commands							isalist(1)

NAME
isalist - display the native instruction sets executable on this platform SYNOPSIS
isalist DESCRIPTION
isalist prints the names of the native instruction sets executable on this platform on the standard output, as returned by the SI_ISALIST command of sysinfo(2). The names are space-separated and are ordered in the sense of best performance. That is, earlier-named instruction sets may contain more instructions than later-named instruction sets; a program that is compiled for an earlier-named instruction sets will most likely run faster on this machine than the same program compiled for a later-named instruction set. Programs compiled for instruction sets that do not appear in the list will most likely experience performance degradation or not run at all on this machine. The instruction set names known to the system are listed in isalist(5). These names may or may not match predefined names or compiler options in the C language compilation system, ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
optisa(1), uname(1), sysinfo(2), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 25 Jul 1997 isalist(1)