Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run perl script with multiple file arguments Post 302437673 by ad23 on Friday 16th of July 2010 09:19:43 AM
Old 07-16-2010
Sorry *.info was a typo...
Its *.txt and *.xml.

Thanks !!!

---------- Post updated 07-16-10 at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous update was 07-15-10 at 08:23 PM ----------

I am not able to run the above script as it is giving me a bad substitution error??
I tried running it with both bash and tcsh.

Please help!!
thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop to run a perl script on multiple files

Hi, I have thousands of files in a directory that have the following 2 formats: 289620178.aln 289620179.aln 289620180.aln 289620183.aln 289620184.aln 289620185.aln 289620186.aln 289620187.aln 289620188.aln 289620189.aln 289620190.aln 289620192.aln.... and: alnCDS_1.fasta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greptastic
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to let the perl script to run for each file

Hi, I have more than 1 files in the directory. In bash, I can use cd /work for x in `ls` do : : done to run for each file in the directory. How about in perl script? filepath="ABC1" open(FILE, $filepath) or die "$filepath cannot be opened."; while(<FILE>) { : (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: natalie23
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script parallely with different arguments

Hi! I want to run a script in parallel with different arguments. eg. start script.sh argA script.sh argB script.sh argC end Can someone please tell how to achieve this. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummyix
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script on files in multiple directories

Hi, I want to run a Perl script on multiple files, with same name ("Data.txt") but in different directories (eg : 2010_06_09_A/Data.txt, 2010_06_09_B/Data.txt). I know how to run this perl script on files in the same directory like: for $i in *.txt do perl myscript.pl $i > $i.new... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run command against multiple specific value in one file

Hi all, I am trying to create a shell script from solaris 10 server to run a command into multiple specific value in one file. The command is related to Oracle/Sun JES2005Q4 directory server. #this is the command, #from path /jes/ds/slapd-rldap1 ./ns-inactivate.pl -h mldap1 -p 389 -D... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

php file unable to run shell script with arguments

echo $result=exec("./permit.sh".$_FILES); pls suggest some other method to run shell script in php .:wall::mad: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting arguments in a script to multiple lines in a .txt file

Ok hope my vocab is right here, i'm trying to write multiple sets of arguments to another file for example: I have a script that accepts four arguments and sends them to a another file $write.sh it then out in so the file receiver.txt would contain this: it then out in what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austing5
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple run time arguments

the scenario is - If I pass 3 three arguments( run time) , it should list all .txt files from a path to temp file if I pass 2 arguments ( run time) , it should list all .csv files from the same path to another temp file the above scenario should be handled in single code and also I dont know ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run perl script on multiple files of two directories?

Hi I have 100 files under file A labled 1.txt 2.txt.....100.txt(made up name) I have 1 files under file B labled name.txt How can i run the same perl script on 100 files and file name.txt I want to run perl script.pl A/1.txt B/name.txt perl script.pl A/2.txt B/name.txt ....... perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grace_shen
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)				      General Commands Manual					 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)

NAME
build-lives-rfx-plugin - builds rendered effects for LiVES SYNOPSIS
build-lives-rfx-plugin script_name [plugin_dir] -get section file DESCRIPTION
This perl script is used by LiVES to compile an RFX (rendered effect) plugin for LiVES. It is generally called from build-lives-rfx-plugin- multi for a script which has a language code representing LiVES-perl. The script_name must be the full (absolute) path to the plugin script, and plugin_dir can be used to specify the output directory where the compiled plugin should be generated. If plugin_dir is not defined then /tmp is assumed. The second variant with -get is used to print out a script section from a plugin script to stdout. It is generally only used internally by LiVES. Return values The script returns the following values 0 - success 1 - the value of a trigger was greater than the number of parameters 2 - a value could not be read from the script file 3 - the language code of the plugin script was not equivalent to LiVES-perl 4 - the API version level of the plugin script was invalid 5 - the <define> section was missing from the plugin script SEE ALSO
build-lives-rfx-plugin-multi(1), lives(1) AUTHOR
Gabriel Finch a.k.a Salsaman (salsaman@xs4all.nl) May 9 2010 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)