Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX with SDD to VIOed SDDPCM? Post 302437663 by dukessd on Thursday 15th of July 2010 07:17:14 PM
Old 07-15-2010
As far as I know it is OK for anything BUT rootvg.

Export them, migrate, import and you should be OK.

For rootvg it can sort of work but the paths get all mucked up and you will need to migrate rootvg to new disks / luns after the move to stand any chance of sorting out the pathing mess.

HTH.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

IBM SDD on Sun

I just installed IBMsddsun64_........... on my sun server. I untarred it (tar xvf) & I tried to install the paxkage. When I did pkgadd -d ./IBMsdd..... I get a message Error, no packages were found. Any idea Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Remi
1 Replies

2. AIX

urgent problems with ESS SAN, SDD upgrade on AIX 5.3 server

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdavies
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with SDD, SAN ESS and AIX 5.3 Host

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdavies
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SDD for SVC on HP-UX and LINUX

Hello Unix Admins: Has any one in this distribution list implemented SVC (SAN Volume Contoller - A solution from IBM) in your environment? If you have, do you have any do's / don'ts? Anything which you like sharing would be really appreciated. For example, my inputs: I tried implementing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdossjojo
1 Replies

5. AIX

SDD SDDPCM MPIO lspath Jargon

Can anyone recommend me some reading material surrounding how AIX handles LUNs: - with and without MPIO installed - with and without SDD or SDDPCM installed Where does lspath sit in all of this (MPIO layer?). Can a system be built with just MPIO software? Is MPIO software even needed? I guess... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

IBM SDD driver

I was wondering if there is a way of auto-detecting a new vpath, using IBM's SDD driver, on a Linux platform. ON AIX it is a simple as running cfgmgr. Alan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX SDD

I have sdd driver installed correctly but when I run the command: datapath query adapter No device file found what does it mean.. it is not using vpath or whats wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

8. AIX

Upgrading from native MPIO to SDDPCM AIX 6.1

We have AIX 6.1 system attached to SAN disks (DS4700 and DS8100) thru SVC. Initially when the system was I forgot to install sddpcm drivers. and wanted to know how can i go with the installation of the sddpcm drivers. My understandin going thru the manual ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

9. AIX

sddpcm on vio

I have same lun (hdisk3) assigned to 2 vios server (dual vio server) and this is mapped to the client lpar. I have sddpcm on the VIO. On the VIOA, the attributes for fscsi1 and fscsi3 are set to fast_fail and dyntrk is set to yes Now, if I do a lqueryvg -Atp on the hdisk3, I get a "DISK... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
4 Replies

10. AIX

Need Help with SDD / SDDPCM / MPIO

This is getting very confusing for me, and appreciate if someone can help. Platform: Power VM ( Virtual I/O Server) ioslevel 2.1.3.10-FP23 # oslevel -s 6100-05-00-0000 Storage: IBM DS4300 Two HBAs - Dual Port Fibre Adapter Channels Each card has two ports , so a total of 4 ports going... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
vzmigrate(8)							    Containers							      vzmigrate(8)

NAME
vzmigrate - migrate a container between two OpenVZ servers SYNOPSIS
vzmigrate [-r|--remove-area yes|no] [--ssh=ssh_options] [--rsync=rsync_options] [--keep-dst] [--online] [-v] destination_address CTID DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to migrate a container from one (source) Hardware Node (HN) to another (destination) HN. The utility can migrate either stopped or running container. For a stopped container, simple CT private area transfer is performed (rsync(1) is used for file transfer). For running containers, migration may be offline (default) or online. This program uses ssh as a transport layer. You will need to put ssh public key to destination node and be able to connect to node without entering password. OPTIONS
-r, --remove-area yes | no Whether to remove a container area on source HN for the successfully migrated container. Default is yes. --ssh=options Additional options that will be passed to ssh while establishing connection to destination HN. --rsync=options Additional options that will be passed to rsync(8). You may add options like -z to enable data compression if you are migrating over a slow link. --keep-dst Do not clean synced destination container private area in case of some error. It makes sense to use this option on big container migration to avoid syncing container private area again in case some error (on container stop for example) occurs during first migration attempt. --online Perform online (zero-downtime) migration: during the migration the container hangs for a while and after the migration it continues working as though nothing has happened. -v Verbose mode. Causes vzmigrate to print debugging messages about its progress. Multiple -v options increase the verbosity. The maximum is 3. EXAMPLES
Migration of CT 101 to 192.168.1.130 with downtime: vzmigrate 192.168.1.130 101 Online migration of CT 102 to 192.168.1.130: vzmigrate --online 192.168.1.130 102 EXIT STATUS
0 EXIT_OK Command completed successfully. 1 EXIT_USAGE Bad command line options. 2 EXIT_VE_STOPPED Container is stopped. 4 EXIT_CONNECT Can't connect to destination (source) HN. 6 EXIT_COPY Container private area copying/moving failed. 7 EXIT_VE_START Can't start or restore destination CT. 8 EXIT_VE_STOP Can't stop or checkpoint source CT. 9 EXIT_EXISTS Container already exists on destination HN. 10 EXIT_NOTEXIST Container does not exists on source HN. 12 EXIT_IP_INUSE You attempt to migrate CT which IP address(es) are already in use on the destination node. 13 EXIT_QUOTA Operation with CT quota failed. SEE ALSO
rsync(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2010, Parallels, Inc. Licensed under GNU GPL. OpenVZ 28 Jun 2011 vzmigrate(8)