Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Custom AIX Prompt
Operating Systems AIX Custom AIX Prompt Post 302437622 by ptrotter on Thursday 15th of July 2010 03:00:49 PM
Old 07-15-2010
Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

2. AIX

Custom libraries possible on AIX 4.2 ?

I had started writting my own custom libraries on an AIX 4.2. Before finishing, I wanted to do a very simple test. So I wrote the followings: test.sh #!/bin/ksh . testlib.sh ZZ=testz "aa" "bb" echo "$ZZ" exit 0 testlib.sh testz () { return "$1$2" } When I ran my test.sh, I got an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

3. AIX

Timestamp in AIX Prompt

I am using ksh under IBM's AIX, version 6.1. I wopuld like to add the current time to my prompt. I understand that I can change the value of $PS1 in my .profile. So far my attempts at setting the time have resulted in setting the time to what it was when the .profile was executed. ( It doesn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PeterF
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh93 vs. Pdksh88: Custom PS1 prompt not working

Greetings! I have to work with a NFS user id between two hosts: A running Ksh 93 and B running pdksh 88. My problem has to do with the custom prompt I created on A: it works like a charm and display colors: PS1="$'\E But I switch over to B, it all goes to hell (private info... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp not working because of prompt (AIX, tcsh)

Hello, I have this problem: I have a server to which I ssh, and it has a special prompt request. The prompt is done by a ?prompt command. It is fine with SSH, since the prompt I guess gets some input, but when I use SCP, the copy always fails. So, I was wondering if there is maybe a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lastZenMaster
1 Replies

6. AIX

ssh keys - no password prompt from AIX to RPA

hello, i am running an AIX 5.3 machine and i want to connect via ssh to the RPA Management site without prompting for password. i already had a public key of this server as i use the same thing for ssh connection with other AIX machines. i connected to the RPA Management Site and i run the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
9 Replies

7. AIX

how many su - users I ejecute in prompt AIX 5.3

Hi Colleagues, My English is pretty bad, the help I need is this: entered into a machine with OS AIX 5.3 and i execute su - user1 and then i execute su - user2 and then i execute su - user3 and finally its su - user4. there is some command that tells me the its that i have made? Thank you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change / Setup bash custom prompt (PS1)

I am trying to create my custom prompt and I have almost succeeded. Right now I have PS1='\n\\$\ ' What I have not figured out is how to make the directories bold when I'm using commands ls or ls -la. Any idea how to do it??? Many thanx. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emailkia
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX prompt delayed when users increase

I am facing a situation where when there are lesser users, i am able to login to the AIX server. If the number of users increase - the login prompt is getting delayed. Sometimes even timeout occurs. This is after the upgrade to AIX 7.1 TL 4. Can someone suggest a way to overcome this situation? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Kshrc custom prompt will not work

So Yesterday I switched from Solus Linux to Fedora Linux 30, but I forgot to backup some of my dotfiles including kshrc. I am fairly new to Korn shell and do not know it well, but through memory I was able to at least get this. I did use code from several different source to recreate it. The only... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoomer
13 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)