Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling samba problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compiling samba problem Post 302437573 by enkei17 on Thursday 15th of July 2010 12:58:12 PM
Old 07-15-2010
Compiling samba problem

People i download the lastest version of samba i`am tryng to compile it in a solaris 9 i'm reading the how to of samba, i am in the first step making the autogen.sh but show me this when i do ./autogen.sh

./autogen.sh: running script/mkversion.sh
./script/mkversion.sh: 'include/version.h' created for Samba("3.5.4")
./autogen.sh: running autoheader -Im4 -I../m4 -I../lib/replace -I../source4
../lib/talloc/libtalloc.m4:25: error: AC_CHECK_SIZEOF: requires literal arguments
../../lib/autoconf/types.m4:783: AC_CHECK_SIZEOF is expanded from...
../lib/talloc/libtalloc.m4:25: the top level
autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
autoheader: '/usr/local/bin/autom4te' failed with exit status: 1

I check the dependencies all i copy my PATH

/usr/bin:/usr/local/lib:/usr/sbin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/opt/SUNWmd/sbin:/usr/local:/opt/lanman/sbin:/opt/lanman/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

Can't anyone know what is this?

---------- Post updated at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:20 AM ----------

u2:# m4 -version
m4: invalid option -- 'v'
Try `m4 --help' for more information.
u2:# m4 --version
m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.14
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <The GNU General Public License - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Written by Rene' Seindal.

u2:# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.6
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

u2:# autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.66
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<The GNU General Public License - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)>, <Exceptions to GNU Licenses - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation>

u2:# automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <GNU General Public License v2.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)>
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <adl@gnu.org>.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Compiling problem

I'm trying to install the jed text editor on a SunOS 5.10 box. It depends on the s-lang library, which I installed to ~/lib. I'm trying to install jed to ~/jed (it's a box @ my university, so I don't have rights to install globally), but when I run make I get this error: It looks like it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iandunn
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure --prefix=/opt/pware/samba/3.0.27a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
1 Replies

3. AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Samba Compiling questions

OS: Solaris 10 I downloaded a binary from samba.org (3.0.24) I extracted the file and ran the following command: # ./configure --prefix=/usr/sfw --with-configdir=/etc/sfw --with-winbind Now I am trying to understand the compile process but I can't find many answers online ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
10 Replies

6. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Samba from Source on AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos

Hello, I asked this question in the AIX subforum but never received an answer, probably because the AIX forum is not that heavily trafficked. Anyway, here it is.. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem compiling Samba 3.5.1 on Solaris 10 with gcc (3.4.6)

I'm getting this error when 'Linking shared library bin/libtalloc.so.2'... anyone know what's up here? Using CFLAGS = -O -I. -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3 -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/../lib/popt -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/iniparser/src -Iinclude -I./include -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Compiling Error in Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10

Hi all, I am getting the following error While installing Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10. #./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh : autoheader : not found ./autogen.sh : test : argument expected Please help me as I am in a critical state of the project. Warm regards, Sathya (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling Samba 4.4.5

I am running Fedora V21 and had their default Samba installed. But I wanted to put up a PDC with ADS, so I uninstalled samba and down loaded the Samba 4.4.5 source along with the Kerberos devel kit etc. I then configured and compiled etc and it indicated it was successful. But I can't load the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: griffinmt
0 Replies
REGTREE(1)							  [FIXME: manual]							REGTREE(1)

NAME
regtree - Text-mode registry viewer SYNOPSIS
regtree [--help] [--backend=BACKEND] [--fullpath] [--no-values] [--credentials=CREDENTIALS] [location] DESCRIPTION
The regtree utility prints out all the contents of a Windows registry file. Subkeys are printed with one level more indentation than their parents. OPTIONS
--help Show list of available options. --backend BACKEND Name of backend to load. Possible values are: creg, regf, dir and rpc. The default is dir. --credentials=CREDENTIALS Credentials to use, if any. Password should be separated from user name by a percent sign. --fullpath Print the full path to each key instead of only its name. --no-values Don't print values, just keys. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
gregedit, regshell, regdiff, regpatch, samba AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. This manpage and regtree were written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ [FIXME: source] 04/16/2014 REGTREE(1)