Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log File - Getting Info about preceding Date of Pattern Found Post 302437566 by radoulov on Thursday 15th of July 2010 11:10:28 AM
Old 07-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySmart
would this work for all cases? because i would want this to be applied to all cases where pattern errors were found in logs similar to the one i pasted above.
I don't know, try it and if it doesn't work ,post a bigger sample of your log file.

By the way, I changed code: it will be more efficient if we substitute only if/when we find a match.
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Search date pattern in application log file

I am viewing a file in vi editor and would like to search for a date pattern. In the log, the timestamp is enclosed in parentheses ''. I am using the '/' option in vi to search for the pattern. log snippet: 000000f4 ServletWrappe I SRVE0242I: : Initialization successful. 000000f4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vangogh78
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract info from log file and compute using time date stamp

Looking for a shell script or a simple perl script . I am new to scripting and not very good at it . I have 2 directories . One of them holds a text file with list of files in it and the second one is a daily log which shows the file completion time. I need to co-relate both and make a report. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: breez_drew
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count of matched pattern occurences by minute and date in a log file

Anyone knows how to use AWK to achieve the following Sun Feb 12 00:41:01-00:41:59 Success:2 Fail:2 Sun Feb 12 00:42:01-00:42:59 Success:1 Fail:2 Sun Feb 12 01:20:01-01:20:59 Success:1 Fail:2 Mon Feb 13 22:41:01-22:41:59 Success:1 Fail:1 log file: Success Success Fail Fail ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on appending all the lines in a file after a pattern is found

Hi Friends, I am working on a file which has content as follows Wed,Database,ABC_cube,loaded Wed,Logging,out,user,302002654,active,for,0,minutes Wed,Logging,out,user,109000151,active,for,8,minutes Wed,Logging,out,user,302002654,active,for,0,minutes... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting value of a pattern preceding another pattern

I have a file like this ------------------------------- -------------------------------------- I need a way to find the timestamp preceding the ERR-XXXXX Here XXXX deonoes any any numeric string 00000-99999 that is a output like this 2012-11-12 : 11:59-ERR-XXXXX 2012-11-12 : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy/print all lines between pattern is found in .log files

Hi, I have a folder with multiple (< 33) .log files. And I have to copy the lines between two patterns from all the .log files to a new file. (script file with a loop?) Thanks in advance. 1.log ... .. xx1> begin ... .. .. >>> Total: 2 Alarms .. .. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
Level(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Level(3pm)

NAME
Log::Log4perl::Level - Predefined log levels SYNOPSIS
use Log::Log4perl::Level; print $ERROR, " "; # -- or -- use Log::Log4perl qw(:levels); print $ERROR, " "; DESCRIPTION
"Log::Log4perl::Level" simply exports a predefined set of Log4perl log levels into the caller's name space. It is used internally by "Log::Log4perl". The following scalars are defined: $OFF $FATAL $ERROR $WARN $INFO $DEBUG $TRACE $ALL "Log::Log4perl" also exports these constants into the caller's namespace if you pull it in providing the ":levels" tag: use Log::Log4perl qw(:levels); This is the preferred way, there's usually no need to call "Log::Log4perl::Level" explicitely. The numerical values assigned to these constants are purely virtual, only used by Log::Log4perl internally and can change at any time, so please don't make any assumptions. If the caller wants to import these constants into a different namespace, it can be provided with the "use" command: use Log::Log4perl::Level qw(MyNameSpace); After this $MyNameSpace::ERROR, $MyNameSpace::INFO etc. will be defined accordingly. Numeric levels and Strings Level variables like $DEBUG or $WARN have numeric values that are internal to Log4perl. Transform them to strings that can be used in a Log4perl configuration file, use the c<to_level()> function provided by Log::Log4perl::Level: use Log::Log4perl qw(:easy); use Log::Log4perl::Level; # prints "DEBUG" print Log::Log4perl::Level::to_level( $DEBUG ), " "; To perform the reverse transformation, which takes a string like "DEBUG" and converts it into a constant like $DEBUG, use the to_priority() function: use Log::Log4perl qw(:easy); use Log::Log4perl::Level; my $numval = Log::Log4perl::Level::to_priority( "DEBUG" ); after which $numval could be used where a numerical value is required: Log::Log4perl->easy_init( $numval ); COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-2009 by Mike Schilli <m@perlmeister.com> and Kevin Goess <cpan@goess.org>. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-07-21 Level(3pm)