Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: split()
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split() Post 302437528 by clx on Thursday 15th of July 2010 09:42:58 AM
Old 07-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by radoulov
Unless on GNU awk the variable WHINY_USERS is set.
Could you please tell how to use this variable..?
I have been searching for a long time about this variable but couldn't find any documentation on this.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split

Is there a split function in shell? (not awk) Coz i got a string as input and needed to split it. eg. input = "abc:123:def:www" I need to split it into 4 variable which contains abc,123,def,www. Is there anyway i can do tat? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with split

I have a file that reads "#ID, First, P1(40), P2(40), P3(40)..." and I need to split this line up. I first did @scores = split(/,/, $input); But I need to split it up and get the the parentheses with numbers split up too, in order to add them together later. I know I need to do at least... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hawks444
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split -d

pls explain me about split -d option with syntax and an example.. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split using two delimiters

I'm trying to do a split using two delimiters. The first delimiter is ": " (or we could call it :\s). The second is "\n". How can or these delimiters so I can toss the values into an array without issue? I tried @array = split /:\s|\n/, $myvar; This doesn't seem to be working. Any an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split

Hello people, I have a huge file of say 1 gb called A123.txt.. to get the word count, i do wc -l A123.txt This gives me a count of say 122898. Now what i do is, i divide this by 4 ie. 122888/4=30722 Now i copy the content as per the above count (30722) and give some name to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

8. AIX

LV split...

Hi all, I have a strange problem that I have finally given up on and thought id start hitting the forums.. Any help is greatly appreiciated. I have recently attached two new physical disks to my system and created a new volume group which inlcude these. My aim, is to create a logical volume of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dansey
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i split this.. :)?

hello, :) How can i split this.. :) 10.25.10.2 two octet a=2 b=5 Thank you... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: networksherlock
23 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split and Rename Split Files

Hello, I need to split a file by number of records and rename each split file with actual filename pre-pended with 3 digit split number. What I have tried is the below command with 2 digit numeric value split -l 3 -d abc.txt F (# Will Produce split Files as F00 F01 F02) How to produce... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: techedipro
19 Replies
GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ACTION_GET(3)					 1					 GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ACTION_GET(3)

gupnp_service_proxy_action_get - Send action to the service and get value

SYNOPSIS
mixed gupnp_service_proxy_action_get (resource $proxy, string $action, string $name, int $type) DESCRIPTION
Send action with parameters to the service exposed by proxy synchronously and get value. PARAMETERS
o $proxy - A service proxy identifier. o $action - An action. o $name - The action name. o $type - The type of the variable to retrieve. Type can be one of the following values: o GUPNP_TYPE_BOOLEAN - Type of the variable is boolean. o GUPNP_TYPE_INT - Type of the variable is integer. o GUPNP_TYPE_LONG - Type of the variable is long. o GUPNP_TYPE_DOUBLE - Type of the variable is double. o GUPNP_TYPE_FLOAT - Type of the variable is float. o GUPNP_TYPE_STRING - Type of the variable is string. RETURN VALUES
Return value of the action. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Issues E_WARNING with either not correctly defined type of the action or unable to send action. SEE ALSO
gupnp_service_proxy_action_set(3), gupnp_service_proxy_send_action(3). PHP Documentation Group GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ACTION_GET(3)