Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux ct, cu, tip, on commands in Linux Post 302437511 by tsaravanan on Thursday 15th of July 2010 09:03:55 AM
Old 07-15-2010
ct, cu, tip, on commands in Linux

Please help me to find out the equivalent commands for the following solaris commands in Linux

1. ct
2. cu
3. tip
4. on

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

~Saravana

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need c programs for linux commands

hi i am doing a small project on linux shell so if anyone can provide me some programs which can ipmlement commands like copy,date,calendar ....thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lit_joel
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Commands

This is my first time using this forum. My question is simple. I need a book that has the commands code for Linux, if there is such a book, of course. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ropapi
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Need Linux commands

Hi, Can you please get me the linux commands to find the below details. 1. Amount of buffers/cache used for RAM and Swap ( I think free -m command will provide the details.but not understandable. Please provide some info on how to check the amount of buffers/cache value etc.) 2. Number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uday123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

a tip in python commands >> and <<

q = ((i + 2) * 6) >> 3 what's the meaning in python? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazikamuntu
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Tip: How to Configure PPP for dialup for a single machine?

I shall explain how to setup PPP on your Linux machine, so that you can connect to the Internet using an external modem and a Dialup connection. This article explains the setup for the superuser alone (Not normal users).My Setup : My external modem (56kbps) is connected to the Serial Port :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EliteHussar
0 Replies

6. Android

Example Linux Commands on Android

In case you are interested, here is a partial list of linux-like commands on Android OS: /sbin adbd devmgr recovery dfta init dfta.sh fat.format redbend_ua /system/bin (partial list) sh date netstat mount umount (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Linux Commands

Hi All I have found that few basic commands in unix have the same syntax in linux as well. I need those commands which differ on Linux platform, with some more advanced options.. For example... awk, sed, tr ... and some more commands with advanced options. I am trying to search on the linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Tip] ptree for Linux

Unix (and Linux) uses a process tree that gives a natural security, by simple inheritance of attributes. The following ptree script shows it. It runs on all Linux flavors. Mostly useful for debugging. #!/bin/sh # Solaris style ptree && exec /usr/bin/ptree "$@" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)