Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fortran 77 and gfortran
Top Forums Programming Fortran 77 and gfortran Post 302437418 by kekaes on Thursday 15th of July 2010 04:40:49 AM
Old 07-15-2010
Fortran 77 and gfortran

Hi!
I have a program in fortran77. This program was compiled with pgf90, but now, I need compiled it with gfortran.

I show a bit of code.

Code:

program hello

PARAMETER(a=100)

integer a

write(*,*)'value ', a

end program hello

What's the problem?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

AMBER md/g95/gfortran issue

Hi, i am trying to install AMBER10 which is a molecular dynamcis package onto two linux red hat pcs. I can successfully install the tools that comes with which uses gcc to compile, however AMBER10 requires either g95 or gfortran to compile. This is where the issue lies, i have installed both... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
0 Replies

2. Programming

gfortran not connecting to system libraries

Hi ! I have one program made of several sub programs which I am trying to compile with gfortran on Fedora 14 in my system. The program was originally written in Fortran 77 and compilation command used to be - fort77 -O2 -f -w -o life life_com.f lifetime.f minuit.f tek_life.f utilities.f... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cylab123
0 Replies

3. Programming

Two issues in make file, g++, gfortran

Question 1: I have a c++ project that I am trying to re-organize. I am trying to subdivide the src directory to move some src files that seldom are changed to a more out of the way location. The project is a c++ application with a fortran function called from the c. The reorganization went... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

4. Programming

f77 program on gfortran

Hi, I am trying to run a simple f77 program on gfortran. Program is as follows. program trial implicit real*8 (a-h,o-z) common/var/a(2),b,c(4),d a=(/0,0/) b=0 c=(/0,0,0,0/) d=0 call add(a,b,c,d) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshulfy
1 Replies

5. Programming

Gfortran compiler options.

I am a INTEL fortran user recently migrated to linux and installed gfortran on my system. I run numerical models as part of my research. my question is on optimization of the fortran code. I used the - vectorize option to compile for reducing the run time considerably and was happy. But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schamarthi1
1 Replies

6. Programming

Compilation problem with gfortran

Hello everyone, I'm trying since a few days to compile a f90 program with gfortran (on Ubuntu) with a makefile. The fortran program calls 2 routines written in C. Here is my makefile: FC = gfortran SFC = gfortran FFLAGS = -ffree-form -O... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: leroygr
21 Replies

7. Programming

gfortran 4.7, no support for qfloat?

I have code that works fine in ifort. But when trying to run on gfortran 4.7.1 (which does support quads and has no problem with real * 16) I can't cast an integer variable to a quad precision float (real*16) using something like: factq(i) = factq(i-1) * qfloat(i) Finding a list of the new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibrantcascade
2 Replies

8. Programming

Arrays of strings in GFORTRAN errors

Hello I am using gfortran and I intended to do thiis: Module variables character(len=:), dimension(:), allocatable, array end module variables Sub test use variables integer (max_len) max_len=len_trim("something here") if(.not.allocated(array))... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepe
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gFORTRAN to compile something built for g77

Hi, I am having a problem compiling a program with gfortran. The program compiles with g77 and f77 but I don't have those. I edited the makefile from FC = g77 to FC = gfortran but when I run it I get a slew of undefined reference errors. Any suggestions? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: butson
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

GFORTRAN error in makefile installation

Hi all, I'm a new Linux and gfortran user so facing this problem I could not figure out how to proceed. Trying to install a program with a makefile, at some point the installation stops showing the following error: g++ -std=c++0x -O3 -o CAMILObash.exe ./objects/Class_SurfTri_CheckTools.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jefferson_dhv
2 Replies
END(3)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    END(3)

NAME
etext, edata, end - end of program segments SYNOPSIS
extern etext; extern edata; extern end; DESCRIPTION
The addresses of these symbols indicate the end of various program segments: etext This is the first address past the end of the text segment (the program code). edata This is the first address past the end of the initialized data segment. end This is the first address past the end of the uninitialized data segment (also known as the BSS segment). CONFORMING TO
Although these symbols have long been provided on most Unix systems, they are not standardized; use with caution. NOTES
The program must explicitly declare these symbols; they are not defined in any header file. On some systems the names of these symbols are preceded by underscores, thus: _etext, _edata, and _end. These symbols are also defined for programs compiled on Linux. At the start of program execution, the program break will be somewhere near &end (perhaps at the start of the following page). However, the break will change as memory is allocated via brk(2) or malloc(3). Use sbrk(2) with an argument of zero to find the current value of the program break. EXAMPLE
When run, the program below produces output such as the following: $ ./a.out First address past: program text (etext) 0x8048568 initialized data (edata) 0x804a01c uninitialized data (end) 0x804a024 Program source #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> extern char etext, edata, end; /* The symbols must have some type, or "gcc -Wall" complains */ int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("First address past: "); printf(" program text (etext) %10p ", &etext); printf(" initialized data (edata) %10p ", &edata); printf(" uninitialized data (end) %10p ", &end); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
objdump(1), readelf(1), sbrk(2), elf(5) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-07-17 END(3)