Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grab characters following grep Post 302437305 by Korn0474 on Wednesday 14th of July 2010 02:51:47 PM
Old 07-14-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcwayx
Code:
awk '/Building/ {sub(/,/,"",$4); print $4}' urfile

Can you explain the syntax to me? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep and extract the characters after

Hi All, I have lines like below in a file A /u/ab/test1.dat A/u/ab/test2.dat A /u/bb/test3.dat A/u/cc/test4.dat I will need /u/ab/test1.dat /u/ab/test2.dat /u/bb/test3.dat /u/cc/test4.dat Pls help Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
6 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

grep with special characters

Hi there I need to grep for a detail from a file. The pattern to search for involves escape sequences in it. This causes for the problem. grep "P\_SOME\_STRING\_SEARCH" filename Note, I have line like below in the file and expect it to grep. select * from my_system_param ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep to find one or more characters

Hi I am a little stuck using grep. I want to be able to find from a file all lines which have the sequence of characters t, followed by any character, followed by the characters ing. I have tried looking at the man pages for help, but did not understand it correctly (as it is not the most... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushhour
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grab Portion of Output Text (sed, grep, awk?)

Alright, here's the deal. I'm running the following ruby script (output follows): >> /Users/name/bin/acweather.rb -z 54321 -o /Users/name/bin -c Clouds AND Sun 57/33 - Mostly sunny and cool I want to just grab the "57/33" portion, but that's it. I don't want any other portion of the line. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: compulsiveguile
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to grep a certain amount of characters?

I have a file similar to the following filler filler filler car 6 mazda filler filler filler filler car civic honda car rav 4 toyota filler filler If i do a "grep -i car file.txt" the output would be car 6 mazda car civic honda car rav 4 toyota however, i want to have the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with special Characters

Need Help For GREP I have a file say g1.txt and content of file is below REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoDrives /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f , REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoClose /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalpasoni
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep grab 19 letters from now or a full line

Hi, I have a file like this >hg19_chr1_123_456_+ asndbansbdahsjdbfsjhfghjdsghjdghjdjhdghjjdkhfsdkjfhdsjkdkjghkjdhgfjkhjfkf hasjgdhjsgfhjdsgfdsgfjhdgjhdjhdhjdfhjdfjgfdfbdghjbfjksdhfjsfdghjgdhjgfdjhgd jhgdfj >hg19_chr1_123_456_-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep particular characters help

Hello folks i have file which is below, i want to extract last column of file that contains dm-21 or dm-13 or dm-N it show output like I have tried but i got this (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with ... matching more than 3 characters

I am trying to understand what the grep command in ubuntu is trying to do here. The contents of my test file is given below harsha@harsha-H67MA-USB3-B3:~/Documents$ cat data abcd efghi jklmno pqr stuv wxyz When I grep for 3 dots (...) without the parenthesis as follows I would expect the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I use grep to grab prime number output from my factor program?

I have a factor program that runs and outputs to stdout all the prime numbers that are specified in the given paramters, in this case 30000000-31000000. Command: factor/factor 30000000-31000000 Sample output: 30999979 = 30999979 30999980 = 2^2 5 11 140909 30999981 = 3 10333327... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)