Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to retain particular rows Post 302437247 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 14th of July 2010 11:52:31 AM
Old 07-14-2010
Code:
nawk 'NF==5 && $3=="=" && $NF=="nm"' File1

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retain text using pax

I have a .tar file consisting of text and binary files. I ftp'd the .tar file using ftp binary. when I did the pax to unwind the tar file, I noiticed that the text files were encoded in binary. **How would I retain the text characteristics of the ascii text files, while also keeping the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: idic5
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retain leading zeros

Hi All, I am working with a fixed width file Forrmat. C1 Number (10,3) C2 Number (10,3) e.g. c1= 0000000100.000 c2= 0000000020.000 0000000100.0000000000020.000 I have to perform c1 - c2 . i.e. I want answer to be 0000000080.000. but I am loosing the leading zeros( only getting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish Jha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retain 3 latest files

Guys, Please can you tell me how to retain 3 latest files in a directory and get rid of the rest ? Thanks very much Regards, Ganesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathg
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retain File Timestamp

There are directories of files that I have to run the dos2ux command on to get ride of the carriage return characters. Easy enough, but I have to retain the original timestamps on the files. I am thinking that I am going to have to strip off the timestamp for each file and convert it to unix time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

retain last 1000 line in a file

I have large file with around 100k+ lines. I wanted to retain only the last 100 lines in that file. One way i thought was using tail -1000 filename > filename1 mv filename1 filename But there should be a better solution.. Is there a way I can use sed or any such command to change the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nss280
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace and retain entries.

Replace and retain entries. I have a certain users that will replaced a certain values, but if it has already a value it will retain its values. Thanks Data to be placed: account_locked = false loginretries = 0 pwdwarntime = 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retain blank spaces in AWK?

Hi all, I have space delimated file which look like this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 0 11 I am using simple awk command to read the second column awk '{print $2}' input_file but i got the output like this which also read 10 from the third column 2 6... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsn2011
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retain zero

Hi everyone i have simple mathematical problem bash> echo date +%m bash> 03 bash> month=`date +%m` bash> lmonth=$month-1 bash> echo $lmonth bash>2 it gives me two but i want the answer of 02 please help me how to do this (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

retain ownership

Hi, I have a script which transfers files/directories from one HP unix to another HP unix server using SCP but i need to retain ownership of files/folders same as source server my script is as follows cd /sasdata/TR_CNTO328/C0328T07/Dry_Run_1/Macros find . -type d -newer . -exec scp -pr {}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete and retain some characters

Ive been trying to google and tried sed and awk. BUt still getting no exact formula. I would like to know how to parse this at: From: Compute Machin Appliance 3.2.9.10000 123456 To: Compute Machin Appliance 3.2.9.123456 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
5 Replies
CUBRID_NUM_ROWS(3)							 1							CUBRID_NUM_ROWS(3)

cubrid_num_rows - Get the number of rows in the result set

SYNOPSIS
int cubrid_num_rows (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
The cubrid_num_rows(3) function is used to get the number of rows from the query result. You can use it only when the query executed is a select statement. When you want to know such value for INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE query, you have to use the cubrid_affected_rows(3) func- tion. Note: The cubrid_num_rows(3) function can only be used for synchronous query; it returns 0 when it is used for asynchronous query. PARAMETERS
o $result -$result comes from a call to cubrid_execute(3), cubrid_query(3) and cubrid_prepare(3) RETURN VALUES
Number of rows, when process is successful. 0 when the query was done in async mode. -1, if SQL statement is not SELECT. FALSE when process is unsuccessful. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_num_rows(3) example <?php $conn = cubrid_connect("localhost", 33000, "demodb", "dba"); $req = cubrid_execute($conn, "SELECT * FROM code"); $row_num = cubrid_num_rows($req); $col_num = cubrid_num_cols($req); printf("Row Num: %d Column Num: %d ", $row_num, $col_num); cubrid_disconnect($conn); ?> The above example will output: Row Num: 6 Column Num: 2 SEE ALSO
cubrid_execute(3), cubrid_num_cols(3), cubrid_affected_rows(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_NUM_ROWS(3)