Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to assign group policy to user in solaris Post 302437195 by meet2muneer on Wednesday 14th of July 2010 09:33:28 AM
Old 07-14-2010
how to assign group policy to user in solaris

hi,

how to assign group policy to user in solaris

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File creation and auto-group assign

How do I make a file automatically get assigned a group that the user that created it is in? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhinge
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

QOS packet scheduler and group policy

hi, did anyone know how to configure a priority of dns ports (and other ports) on QOS on windows 2003? hard to understand the group policy "explain" tab on 'qos packet scheduler', no elaboration on how to use it. thanks for any comment you may add. ---------- Post updated at 05:03 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

3. Solaris

password policy for new user

hi folk, i try to setup a new password policy for our solaris box user, below are the /etc/default/passwd/, but then when i tried to create a user, it didn't ask for numeric character, and the new password also didn't ask for special characters. # useradd testing # passwd testing New... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
7 Replies

4. Ubuntu

User and Password Policy

Hi linux expert, i would like to create a script for listing all user with there password policy. It should be in the following format: Last password change : Sep 19, 2011 Password expires : never Password inactive : never Account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

5. Linux

User Account Policy

Hi, i have the following config in the system-auth files auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so auth sufficient /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so account required ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies

7. AIX

Restvg does not assign the correct PP size to volume group

hello, i am running an AIX6.1 machine and i am trying to restore a volume group that i backed up using mkvgdata command from another server. although i checked file .data and i make sure that PP size for this volume group is 128, when i run restvg command to restore it, it fails because it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AD Group Policy Management and Kerberos / LDAP

Has anyone attempted to define GPO / HBAC policies in Windows Server 2012 that could be respected by Kerberos/LDAP on AIX? I'm looking to associate servers to groups so that when a user part of a group tries to login to a host not associated with that group, it would be denied. This would allow... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Assign a particular value to all items in a group that have the same identifier

I have a pdb file with the following format: ATOM 11 N PRO A 1 23.223 20.197 14.441 1.00 12.21 N ATOM 12 CA PRO A 1 21.881 20.749 14.227 1.00 11.37 C ATOM 13 C PRO A 1 21.929 21.556 12.903 1.00 10.73 C ATOM 14... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Egy
4 Replies
auths(1)							   User Commands							  auths(1)

NAME
auths - print authorizations granted to a user SYNOPSIS
auths [ user ...] DESCRIPTION
The auths command prints on standard output the authorizations that you or the optionally-specified user or role have been granted. Autho- rizations are rights that are checked by certain privileged programs to determine whether a user may execute restricted functionality. Each user may have zero or more authorizations. Authorizations are represented by fully-qualified names, which identify the organization that created the authorization and the functionality that it controls. Following the Java convention, the hierarchical components of an authorization are separated by dots (.), starting with the reverse order Internet domain name of the creating organization, and ending with the specific function within a class of authorizations. An asterisk (*) indicates all authorizations in a class. A user's authorizations are looked up in user_attr(4) and in the /etc/security/policy.conf file (see policy.conf(4)). Authorizations may be specified directly in user_attr(4) or indirectly through prof_attr(4). Authorizations may also be assigned to every user in the system directly as default authorizations or indirectly as default profiles in the /etc/security/policy.conf file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output The auths output has the following form: example% auths tester01 tester02 tester01 : solaris.system.date,solaris.jobs.admin tester02 : solaris.system.* example% Notice that there is no space after the comma separating the authorization names in tester01. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/user_attr /etc/security/auth_attr /etc/security/policy.conf /etc/security/prof_attr ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
profiles(1), roles(1), getauthattr(3SECDB), auth_attr(4), policy.conf(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 25 Mar 2004 auths(1)