Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [solved] Jumpstart Profile Issue Post 302437112 by fugitive on Wednesday 14th of July 2010 06:25:16 AM
Old 07-14-2010
[solved] Jumpstart Profile Issue

I have created profile file for zfs root (flash) on a wanboot server when i try to validate the rules file with check i get following error .. i 'm not sure why i 'm getting this error .. can any one help me on this ?
Code:
# ./check
Validating rules...
Validating profile profile...

Error in file "profile", line 4
        pool rpool auto auto auto any
ERROR: Invalid keyword

# more profile
install_type       flash_install
archive_location   http://10.63.25.180/flashdir/zfsFLAR
partitioning       explicit
pool rpool auto auto auto any
bootenv installbe bename zfsBE
 # more rules
hostname ssa-u014 - profile -

---------- Post updated at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:59 AM ----------

Once i installed the check script from the latest version u8 DVD it went fine .. Please close this thread. Smilie

Last edited by Scott; 07-14-2010 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Marked "solved", and closed

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart "profile" with Solaris 8

Hey... I'm sorry for my english, it isn't that well. I'm already pretty familiar working with Jumpstart on Solaris 10. But now I have to do the same on Solaris 8. So my "profile"-file isn't working anymore by making mirrors. How can I make a RAID 1 on Solaris 8? The part with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasy
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Jumpstart Client Issue

I have a jumpstart client that is not requesting the tftp boot file. The rarp function is working, hostname and ip are set ok, but it hangs after that. tcpdump output: jumpstart-server:/var/lib/tftpboot# tcpdump -i eth1 tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skitch
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Issue after jumpstart with Solaris 10 u7

I am performing this installation on a Sun T5220. There is an aftermarket Adaptec StorageTek raid controller card installed. I have created the raid array, and it is referred to as c1t0d0. Here is the profile I have created: install_type initial_install system_type server cluster SUNWCXall... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Jumpstart issue

Keep getting this message after system identification portion. Search complete. Discovering additional network configuration... Completing system identification... Starting remote procedure call (RPC) services:Assertion failed: *count <= max, file ns_dns_misc.c, line 189 Abort - core dumped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Jumpstart ZFS root issue

I 'm tryin to install a solaris server After all the system initialization & extraction of flash archive installation aborts with following error .. Does anyone know what could be the issue for the same ? Any help would be appreciated Extracted 2205.05 MB ( 99% of 2205.54 MB... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login profile[solved]

i vi .profile Set DATE `date +%m%d%Y%H%M`, but after logout/login, echo $DATE, it shows: Fri Mar 23 15:01:53 EDT 2012, i want to show: 032320121501 please ignore. vi /etc/profile, and export DATE=`date +%m%d%Y%H%M`, worked fine now. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] $HOME/.profile

what is the functionality of $HOME/.profile? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: momhef4
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Loading user profile

I need some help on solaris, setting java path: $ PATH=/var/tmp/jdk1.5.0_22/jre/bin $ export PATH $ java -version I got the correct version for the application to run, which is: java version "1.5.0_22" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_22-b03) Java... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Issue with jumpstart install

I've followed a few guides and have what appears to be a working jumpstart server. I can PXE boot a bare system, it gets an IP and launches the installer. However, it takes me to the screen: SunOS Release 5.10 Version generic-147148-26 64 bit Copyright (c) 1983, 2013, Oracle and/or its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnojr
1 Replies
remove profile(1m)														remove profile(1m)

NAME
remove profile - Removes all profile elements and the profile from the specified name service entry SYNOPSIS
rpccp remove profile profile-entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Indicates the name of the target profile. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell-relative name. DESCRIPTION
The remove profile command removes a profile (and all of its elements) from the name service database. The entry name of the profile is required. Privilege Required You need write permission to the CDS object entry (the target profile entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands run RPCCP and remove the profile named /.:/LandS/anthro/molly_o_profile: $ rpccp rpccp> remove profile /.:/LandS/anthro/molly_o_profile RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add element(1m), remove element(1m), show profile(1m) remove profile(1m)