Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO -sh: fork failed - too many processes in sco unix 5.0.5 Post 302436767 by njoroge on Tuesday 13th of July 2010 05:56:23 AM
Old 07-13-2010
Question -sh: fork failed - too many processes in sco unix 5.0.5

Dear experts,

I have done a re-installation of sco unix openserver 5.0.5 and managed to create users. The problem am facing is that of one user logging in more than 5 times. How can i overcome this problem. the system give the error below.
-sh: fork failed - too many processes in sco unix 5.0.5. how do i change the parameters to accept more users.

Regards,

Njoroge Joseph

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Endless loop - Fork function failed?

I need a quick script that will serve as a sort of "real time monitor" for watching some log files. I am using Bourne shell in HP-UX 10.20. I have basically created a script that never ends, unless of course I manually terminate it. Here's the script (it's called qhistory): clear echo "REAL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot fork , too many process - SCO Unix 5.05

I need a help... I have a HP Netserver LH 6000 U with Hardware Raid . Sco 5.0.5 installed with Oracle database. Total number of users, normally logged in are around 60 nos. The system is very slow ( takes 6 hours for processing one Lakh bills) during the Billing process. Also it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saleeshpl
1 Replies

3. Programming

fork() and child processes

Hello, How many child processes are actually created when running this code ? #include <signal.h> #include <stdio.h> int main () { int i ; setpgrp () ; for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) { if (fork () == 0) { if ( i & 1 ) setpgrp () ; printf ("Child id: %2d, group: %2d\n", getpid(),... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_dot
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

fork() and child processes

Hello, How many child processes are actually created when running this code ? #include <signal.h> #include <stdio.h> int main () { int i ; setpgrp () ; for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) { if (fork () == 0) { if ( i & 1 ) setpgrp () ; printf ("Child id: %2d, group: %2d\n",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green_dot
1 Replies

5. Programming

Fork thread, Assertion failed. X11.

Hi all. I wrote a program with the Motif Widget Toolkit. It has a button and a scrollbar. When the user hits the button the callback creates a new fork() thread. The new thread sleeps for a while and then changes the position of the scrollbar. It does this in an endless loop. I need the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies

6. Programming

fork(), parent and child processes???

Hi friends, I have a small question regarding unix system call fork, I hope you will solve my problem. Here is the small program $ cat fork1.c #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> int main() { int pid; int x = 0; x = x + 1; pid = fork(); if(pid < 0) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

fork processes

Hi, How to count how many processes opened by fork function in perl. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
10 Replies

8. Programming

Creating more processes with fork()

Hello people I need help How to make ONE process to create MORE (not one) processes with fork(). I tried several codes but do not work. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nekoj
8 Replies

9. AIX

Fork Function Failed on 4GB ?

Hello, I am running Oracle Database and after a while I keep getting this message whenever I execute any command. I cannot execute any command even shutdown, whenever I execute any command , I get this message /usr/bin/ksh: 0403-031 The fork function failed. There is not enough memory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making processes using fork

Can anyone help me with this? Create a parent process that gets from the command line n arguments arg1, arg2, ... , argn. The parent will create n/3 son processes, each of them will create a file with the name argi by concatenate the files argi+1 and argi+2. How can i concatenate those... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bunicu01
1 Replies
CS(1)							  The Canonical Csound Reference						     CS(1)

NAME
cs - Starts Csound with a set of options that can be controlled by environment variables, and input and output files determined by the specified filename stem. . DESCRIPTION
Starts Csound with a set of options that can be controlled by environment variables, and input and output files determined by the specified filename stem. SYNTAX
cs [-OPTIONS] <name> [CSOUND OPTIONS ... ] INITIALIZATION
Flags: o - OPTIONS = OPTIONS is a sequence of alphabetic characters that can be used for selecting the Csound executable to be run, as well as the command line flags (see below). There is a default for the option 'r' (selects real-time output), but it can be overridden. o <name> = this is the filename stem for selecting input files; it may contain a path. Files that have .csd, .orc, or .sco extension are searched, and either a CSD or an orc/sco pair that matches <name> the best are selected. MIDI files with a .mid extension are also searched, and if one that matches <name> at least as close as the CSD or orc/sco pair, it is used with the -F flag. NOTE The MIDI file is not used if any -M or -F flag is specified by the user - new in version 4.24.0) Unless there is any option (-n or -o) related to audio output, an output file name with the appropriate extension is automatically generated (based on the name of selected input files and format options). The output file is always written to the current directory. NOTE file name extensions are not case sensitive. o [CSOUND OPTIONS ... ] = any number of additional options for Csound that are simply copied to the final command line to be executed. The command line that is executed is generated from four parts: 1. Csound executable (possibly with options). This is exactly one of the following (the last one has the highest precedence): o a built-in default o the value of the CSOUND environment variable o environment variables with a name in the format of CSOUND_x where x is an uppercase letter selected by characters of the -OPTIONS string. Thus, if the -dcba option is used, and the environment variables CSOUND_B and CSOUND_C are defined, the value of CSOUND_B will take effect. 2. Any number of option lists, added in the following order: o either some built-in defaults, or the value of the CSFLAGS environment variable if it is defined. o environment variables with a name in the format of CSFLAGS_x where x is an uppercase letter selected by characters of the -OPTIONS string. Thus, if the -dcba option is used, and the environment variables CSFLAGS_A and CSFLAGS_C are defined as '-M 1 -o dac' and '-m231 -H0', respectively, the string '-m231 -H0 -M 1 -o dac' will be added. 3. The explicit options of [CSOUND OPTIONS ... ]. 4. Any options and file names generated from <name>. NOTE Quoted options that contain spaces are allowed. EXAMPLES
Assuming the following environment variables: CSOUND = csoundfltk.exe -W CSOUND_D = csound64.exe -J CSOUND_R = csoundfltk.exe -h CSFLAGS = -d -m135 -H1 -s CSFLAGS_D = -f CSFLAGS_R = -m0 -H0 -o dac1 -M "MIDI Yoke NT: 1" -b 200 -B 6000 And a directory that contains: foo.orc piano.csd foo.sco piano.mid im.csd piano2.mid ImproSculpt2_share.csd foobar.csd The following commands will execute as shown: cs foo => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -o foo.wav foo.orc foo.sco cs foob => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -o foobar.wav foobar.csd cs -r imp -i adc => csoundfltk.exe -h -d -m135 -H1 -s -m0 -H0 -o dac1 -M "MIDI Yoke NT: 1" -b 200 -B 6000 -i adc ImproSculpt2_share.csd cs -d im => csound64.exe -J -d -m135 -H1 -s -f -o im.sf im.csd cs piano => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -F piano.mid -o piano.wav piano.csd cs piano2 => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -F piano2.mid -o piano2.wav piano.csd CREDITS
Author: Istvan Varga Jan 2003 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.07 06/23/2009 CS(1)