Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: weird korn shell script
Operating Systems AIX weird korn shell script Post 302436520 by binlib on Monday 12th of July 2010 08:31:28 AM
Old 07-12-2010
due to the pipe line, the function ran in a sub (child) process so the "exit" only exited the sub process.
This User Gave Thanks to binlib For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple su - in Korn Shell script

i am trying to do something like this : #!/bin/ksh # Change to the userid user1 su - user1 #Issue the command to change directory and list files cd /home/user1/ ls -lrt exit #Come out of the user1 to root again #change to user 2 su - user2 cd /home/user2/ ls -lrt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: furrari
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script

hello., i have 2 files.. 1 file is in this folder /home/test/ssk/DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20050710.20050713211544 (this part) other file is in this folder /home/kk/dev/DSA.WLG.20050711210100.20050710.20050711210100 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

korn shell script

hi all i am writing the korn shell script. i have a SQL script which gives me the folowing output DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20051025.20050713211544 28991 1130198400 DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20051025.20050713211544 25881 1130198400 DSA.WLG.20050711210100.20051025.20050711210100 25881 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
3 Replies

4. AIX

Help with Korn Shell script

I have this Korn shell script that runs via a cron entry. It runs in a loop "watching" a specific file system for files with a certain name. The file system that it is watching is an upload file system for an FTP server. When files that are the correct name come in, it takes the extension of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heprox
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Script

I have to solve some exercises in Korn Shell, but i'm having some problems. For example: Write a korn shell script with an alfanumeric string as argument. The script lists the file's names in the current directory that contain the given string as substring and that can be read and written. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burm
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Korn Shell Script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a korn shell script with an alfanumeric string as argument. The script lists the file's names in the current directory that contain the given string as substring and that can be read and written. 2. Relevant commands, code,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird problem in my shell script,please help me!!!

sqlLogftp_mov=$LOGDIR/logftp_mov_$mydate.log sqlplus -s $ORAUSER << EOF > $sqlLogftp_mov SET SERVEROUT ON @/$SCRIPTDIR/rep_comm_ext_tbl_load.sql EOF retorno=0 cnt=`grep -q 'ORA-' $sqlLogftp_mov | wc -l` if ; then retorno=1 echo 'Failure' sendEmailFalha exit 1 fi if ; then echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamaladevi
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

share a shell script which can replace weird characters in directory or file name

I just finish the shell script . This shell can replace weird characters (such as #$%^@!'"...) in file or directory name by "_" I spent long time on replacing apostrophe in file/directory name added: 2012-03-14 the 124th line (/usr/bin/perl -i -e "s#\'#\\'#g" /tmp/rpdir_level$i.tmp) is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: begonia
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird Exit Status of shell script

I have a script named check which will read the content of a file and check wether those files exist in the current directory. If so it will have the exit status of 0, otherwise it will have 1. check script: #!/bin/bash if ; then #Check there is enough command line parameters. exit 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ray Sun
2 Replies
Tcl_DetachPids(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						 Tcl_DetachPids(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_DetachPids, Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs, Tcl_WaitPid - manage child processes in background SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_DetachPids(numPids, pidPtr) Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs() Tcl_Pid Tcl_WaitPid(pid, statusPtr, options) ARGUMENTS
int numPids (in) Number of process ids contained in the array pointed to by pidPtr. int *pidPtr (in) Address of array containing numPids process ids. Tcl_Pid pid (in) The id of the process (pipe) to wait for. int *statusPtr (out) The result of waiting on a process (pipe). Either 0 or ECHILD. int options (in) The options controlling the wait. WNOHANG specifies not to wait when checking the process. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_DetachPids and Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs provide a mechanism for managing subprocesses that are running in background. These procedures are needed because the parent of a process must eventually invoke the waitpid kernel call (or one of a few other similar kernel calls) to wait for the child to exit. Until the parent waits for the child, the child's state cannot be completely reclaimed by the system. If a parent continually creates children and doesn't wait on them, the system's process table will eventually overflow, even if all the children have exited. Tcl_DetachPids may be called to ask Tcl to take responsibility for one or more processes whose process ids are contained in the pidPtr array passed as argument. The caller presumably has started these processes running in background and does not want to have to deal with them again. Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs invokes the waitpid kernel call on each of the background processes so that its state can be cleaned up if it has exited. If the process has not exited yet, Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs does not wait for it to exit; it will check again the next time it is invoked. Tcl automatically calls Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs each time the exec command is executed, so in most cases it is not necessary for any code outside of Tcl to invoke Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs. However, if you call Tcl_DetachPids in situations where the exec command may never get executed, you may wish to call Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs from time to time so that background processes can be cleaned up. Tcl_WaitPid is a thin wrapper around the facilities provided by the operating system to wait on the end of a spawned process and to check a whether spawned process is still running. It is used by Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs and the channel system to portably access the operating sys- tem. KEYWORDS
background, child, detach, process, wait Tcl Tcl_DetachPids(3)