Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to Mirror LV and umirror after to change PVs... Post 302436457 by hedkandi on Monday 12th of July 2010 04:55:07 AM
Old 07-12-2010
Hi all

I totally forgot i posted this entry! The entry is not entirely correct. I was doing fine until i reached the part where i had to unmirror the old disks to return to SAN team

I was really nervous when i was doing lvreduce, and i missed the space in this syntax:

Code:
lvreduce -m 0 /dev/vgSPAN/lvol1 /dev/dsk/c33t8d6 /dev/dsk/c35t8d7 /dev/dsk/c44t10d2 /dev/dsk/c44t10d3 /dev/dsk/c44t10d4 /dev/dsk/c44t10d

So i had to do a bit of reverse engineering here. I had to lvextend -m again then lvreduce it and finally vgreduce from VGSPAN to clear the old disks from usage.

Phew* I got that sorted out..thank you anyways

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mirror device

Hi I'm new Solaris. I'm trying to understand how a root device is being mirrored. When do df -k I get this: Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 49915840 43168158 6248524 88% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ND6
1 Replies

2. Solaris

mirror failed

i am working in sun solaris unix platform with storage device T3+ i got an error message mirror failed i have telneted to the storage and gave the command format it gives disk not available , i have shifted my storage from node A to node B then i gave the same command format by telneting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasiprabu
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - breaking of mirror and change new hard disk

Hi, am a newbie at solaris. Need advice and help on this. 1) How do I break the mirror between 2 hard disks. (wish to keep 1 good hard disk as backup) 2) After remove 1 hard disk and put in new hard disk, how do I initialise or fomat the new hard disk? 3) How do I put back the backup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
3 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

5. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

6. Solaris

How to reattach a mirror?

OK, I upgraded to the latest version of Solaris 10. Perhaps 'upgrade' isn't the right term because I reinstalled the root/boot drive with Solaris 10. Prior to this I had 4 physical drives. The first two had "/" and "/usr", the other two had a /var/audit and /home. I initially booted from cdrom and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

PVS command in HP-UX

Dear Engineer, Is there any command in HP-UX work similiar to PVS command in Linux? With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
4 Replies

9. AIX

Rebooting redundant VIOs and mirroring of PVs they serve to client LPARs

need to confirm: we have a system with two VIOs each serving a partition on a local disk to a client LPAR. That client LPAR has them both in a VG which is mirrored (exact). So each disk has a copy of the client LV that the client VG supports. This is the setup that was bequeathed to us by the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies
RoPkg::Simba::Exceptions(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     RoPkg::Simba::Exceptions(3pm)

NAME
RoPkg::Simba::Exceptions VERSION
0.1.3 DESCRIPTION
Collection of exceptions used by Simba SYNOPSIS
NotHashRef->throw( error => 'No hash reference found', pkg_name => 'RoPkg::Simba' ); DEPENDENCIES
Exception::Class SUBROUTINES
/METHODS The following exceptions are defined: *) NotHashRef - the parameter is not a hash reference *) Mirror::Config - error in configuration of the mirror *) Mirror::Inactive - the mirror is not active *) Mirror::InProgress - the mirror is in progress *) Mirror::Many - the criteria used to select the mirror, matches multiple mirrors *) Command::FileNotFound - command file name was not found DIAGNOSTICS
Unpack the source, and use 'make test' command CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
This module does not use any configuration files or environment variables INCOMPATIBILITIES
None known to the author BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
None known to the author PERL CRITIC
This module is perl critic level 2 compliant AUTHOR
Subredu Manuel <diablo@iasi.roedu.net> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 Subredu Manuel. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. perl v5.14.2 2006-07-29 RoPkg::Simba::Exceptions(3pm)