Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add zero in decimal number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add zero in decimal number Post 302436445 by cfajohnson on Monday 12th of July 2010 03:49:44 AM
Old 07-12-2010
Code:
echo "282.73 640" | awk '{printf "%0.2f\n", $1 / $2 }'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test decimal number

Hi, I would like test if a number is a decimal number or not (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check if a decimal number is greater than zero

Hello, In my code I am checking to see if a variable that contains a decimal number is greater than 0 in the following manner: if do something fi However I am getting the error message (if $i for the current iteration holds 9.6352) command 9.6352 is not found How can I rectify... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of digits after decimal

Hi All, I have a file of decimal numbers, cat file1.txt 1.1382666907 1.2603107334 1.6118799297 24.4995857056 494.7632588468 560.7633734425 ..... I want to see the output as only 7 digits after decimal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching a decimal number?

Hi everyone! Easy question for everyone. I'm trying to run a command line to find an exact match of a decimal number within a file. The number can be a positive OR negative number. For instance, if I want to find only the number -1 in the file that has: -17.6 -17 -16.3 -16.2 -15.7 -15.3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucshi09
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal number calculation problem

I have a below snippet of code from my perl script and its causing a problem when the output of $lTAX is 0 (zero) its getting displayed as -0.00. I want output to be 0 not -0.00. Any help would be appreciated. #!/usr/bin/perl my $lTotA = 50.94; my $lVatA = 8.49; my $lAllocD; my $lAdjNr =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort Decimal number in UNIX

Hello Everyone, In one of my script, I would like to sort the decimal numbers. For e.g. If I have numbers like 1.0 1.1 1.2 2.0 2.1 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 7.1 7.10 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 7.9 I would like to sort them 1.0 1.1 1.2 2.0 2.1 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinrastogi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal conversion number of the form x.xx to 0x.xx, sed?

Hello I have a file of the form ... num 0.12 num num num 25.53 num num num 7.82 num num ...... and I want to convert the 2nd field of each line adding a "0" at the numbers >= 0 and < 10 so the output will have the form: ... num 00.12 num num num 25.53 num num num 07.82 num... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to extract whole number or decimal in regex

In the perl below I am trying to extract and print specic values from patterns using multiple regex. One of the patterns AF= may be a whole number or a decimal but I can not seem to capture both. I think it is the regex .*AF=(\d+\.\d+); as it is expecting a #.#### and it may only be a #. I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zero padding a Number before and after a decimal place

Hi I was hoping someone could help me with a sed script I am trying to write? I am on a Mac running ElCapitan I have some text that I have converted from a pdf that I want to format into an xml file. In the file I have managed to delete all the text I do not need. The text I have left is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
8 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux