Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fsecure ssh client sftp 2.5
Operating Systems Solaris Fsecure ssh client sftp 2.5 Post 302436424 by udhayashankar on Monday 12th of July 2010 02:18:30 AM
Old 07-12-2010
You can't install putty on unix box. For sftp purposes , you can use sftp binary from /usr/bin/sftp area.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

What's the difference between an SSH Client and an SSH Server?

Eh... yeah. What the title says. :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PSC
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SFTP Client service information

Hi, How to find out which sftp client is installed in my system? And the UserId and Password used for SFTP service. I am using SunOS 5.8 Please help. Thanks, Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reeturaj_sunny
1 Replies

3. Programming

SFTP client program

can u help me? i need the program code in C to perform Simple File Transfer in linux.in this forum i found the server program,inw i need the client program ASAP. Thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harshi
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

FTP client for HP-UX that supports SFTP/SSL/SSH

Can anyone recommend some good/reliable FTP clients for HP-UX that support SFTP/SSL/SSH and have a command line interface? They need not be "free" (license). Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxshop
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

sftp client can't connect

Hi. I'm trying to use my sftp client on solaris 9 to connect to an sftp server. ssh is installed correctly and I can see my pub/priv key files in the ~/.ssh directory. When I run sftp -v <target> I get: bash-2.05# sftp -v retsdsa.merlin.mb.ca Connecting to retsdsa.merlin.mb.ca... debug1: SSH... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skowal
2 Replies

6. AIX

Setup Window server to accept AIX SFTP client

To all the expert out there, I have successfully setup a AIX to AIX auto-SFTP with no password requested. Now my aim is to setup a AIX to Window auto-SFTP with no password requested as well. But I faced some problem that I do not know how to solve it. I have followed the setting of AIX's... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
8 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Configure SFTP client to use web/internet prox

I am writing a shell script which needs to connect to a remote internet ftp site over sftp. The problem is that the Red Hat Linux system on which the script will be executed resides behind a web/internet proxy. How can the standard sftp client which is bundled with Red Hat Linux distributions be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: toobrown1
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Connessione con client SFTP via Proxy

Ciao a tutti, ho l'esigenza di collegarmi in SFTP (client Winscp) ad una macchina solaris che vedo attraverso un'altra macchina solaris. Come configuro la connessione ? Sulla macchina diretta non ho problemi mentre sulla remota non so come configurare i parametri per utilizzare la diretta come... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbyred
1 Replies

9. AIX

sftp : have to specify subsystem from client side

I have several ssh servers *running aix 5.3 and they respond to sftp requests just fine, but I have one that requires clients to specify the path to the sftp server using the -s flag which is*/usr/sbin/sftp-server I check the sshd_config across all servers and they are the same. *The other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: massdesign
1 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

SFTP client

Hi guys. I need to install SFTP client on my Linux machine Redhat 5.8. Which packages do I need for that ?? Regards, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
6 Replies
SSH2_SFTP_MKDIR(3)							 1							SSH2_SFTP_MKDIR(3)

ssh2_sftp_mkdir - Create a directory

SYNOPSIS
bool ssh2_sftp_mkdir (resource $sftp, string $dirname, [int $mode = 0777], [bool $recursive = false]) DESCRIPTION
Creates a directory on the remote file server with permissions set to $mode. This function is similar to using mkdir(3) with the ssh2.sftp:// wrapper. PARAMETERS
o $sftp - An SSH2 SFTP resource opened by ssh2_sftp(3). o $dirname - Path of the new directory. o $mode - Permissions on the new directory. o $recursive - If $recursive is TRUE any parent directories required for $dirname will be automatically created as well. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Creating a directory on a remote server <?php $connection = ssh2_connect('shell.example.com', 22); ssh2_auth_password($connection, 'username', 'password'); $sftp = ssh2_sftp($connection); ssh2_sftp_mkdir($sftp, '/home/username/newdir'); /* Or: mkdir("ssh2.sftp://$sftp/home/username/newdir"); */ ?> SEE ALSO
mkdir(3), ssh2_sftp_rmdir(3). PHP Documentation Group SSH2_SFTP_MKDIR(3)