Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware I/O Error on starting firefox Post 302436407 by darkpirate on Sunday 11th of July 2010 06:16:51 PM
Old 07-11-2010
I/O Error on starting firefox

I was trying to open the port for my ftp end also I´ve triedto start firefox and so i received the following error: Input / Output Error. When i try to start that one in console i receive the following: No Protocol Especified No Protocol Especified Error: Cannot open display: :0,0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Docbase starting Error

Hi All, I am trying to start the docbase but i am getting the following error-: $ ./dm_start_ncsglorbiprd00 interpreter "/bin/sh" not found file link resolves to "/usr/bin/sh" sh: ./dm_start_ncsglorbiprd00: not found. Can anyone please help me in this regard. Thanks in advance ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divyac
0 Replies

2. Linux

splashy starting up error

Hi eveyone and Happy Holidays, My problem is starting splashy in fedora 8 what i have done is:- installed splashy with no errors edited grub removed rhgb and added quiet vga=791 splash set default theme with command splashy_config -s default no errors added /sbin/splashy boot in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
4 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Firefox 3.03 posting a newthread.php error

I ran some updates on my ubuntu hardy distro and after the running the updates I noticed that any website that is using PHP I cannot submit any thread. It gives a message saying,"opening newthread.php" and asks me where I want to save the php page. I know this is a bug and have read many items on... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running localhost:8080 on firefox gives error .

I have copied a simple.xml file into the folder /var/www/html and trying to access it on the brower by giving the command "http://localhost:8080/simple.xml" but it gives "Connection Failed " Error . While if i type "http://localhost/" It dispays the contents of the index.html file in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhumathikv
2 Replies

5. Debian

error running firefox.desktop file

Hi, I installed the FF3 on my new Debian, and part of the installation guidance is to save a file named firefox.desktop on the desktop, which should act like a shortcut to the FF. The file content is: Name=Mozilla Firefox Browser Comment=lightweight browser based on mozilla Exec=firefox... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonesD1
15 Replies

6. Solaris

Library error while opening firefox

I have Solaris-10 zone, where I can open firefox in GUI via MobaXterm with root user, but when I try to open it with non root user, it fails with below error $ which firefox /usr/bin/firefox $ firefox ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: relocation error: file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Starting Firefox?

Presently I have a powershell script (windows only, of course) that enumerates all the instances of "Internet Explorer" running on my machine and if at least one exists, the script creates a new tab in that instance with the URL I have provided. If no instances of Internet Explorer are running, one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Error when starting apache

Due to an activity scheduled on the server, I had stop the apache process and then restart when the activity completed. The activity started at 9am and ended around 9 pm. To list the apache processes that were running on the server before I stopped it, I used ps -ef | grep apache, and these were... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error starting httpd via systemctl

Hi, Most of our systems have the apache customized, and started manually via the command line. One eg : # ps -aux | grep http root 6278 0.0 0.0 112708 984 pts/2 S+ 16:32 0:00 grep --color=auto http root 6398 0.0 0.3 570636 14376 ? Ss Sep17 8:34... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
6 Replies
OPEN(1) 							     Linux 1.x								   OPEN(1)

NAME
open - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
open [-c vtnumber] [-s] [-u] [-l] [-v] [--] command command_options DESCRIPTION
open will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the envi- ronment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c vtnumber Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work. -s Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT. -u Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l. -l Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed. -v Be a bit more verbose. -w wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then open will switch back to the controlling terminal when the command completes. -- end of options to open. NOTE
If open is compiled with a POSIX (Gnu) getopt() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
open can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: open bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: open -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: open -- ls -l SEE ALSO
login(1), doshell(8), switchto(1). AUTHOR
Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk> -w idea from "sam". 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPEN(1)