Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Speakers not working....
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Speakers not working.... Post 302436387 by pradeeprajkumar on Sunday 11th of July 2010 12:08:58 PM
Old 07-11-2010
Speakers not working....

Hi,
i recently installed realtek sound driver software in my system,
but after installing it,the speakers are not working....
I'm using fedora 13(x86_64).
i just want to make my system speak,like before....
how to make my speakers work ?
Anyone please reply....
its really annoying to work without any sounds....
please reply soon.... :-(

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gzip and my speakers have gone mad!

Hello, I wanted to compress a directory which I did with: tar -czvf backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007/ I knew that you could specify the compression level with gzip so I then did: gzip -cvf9 backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007compress.tar.gz Now I know this probably won't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
5 Replies

2. Ubuntu

I can't make my pc speakers beep

I don't know why, but when I issue echo -e '\a' or beep. I get only some sound, set in my OS (Ubuntu Karmic). I tried to run these on Lenovo Y510KA and Lenovo S10-2. Is there another way to make my laptops beep?.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Nslookup working but ping not working at windows client

Hi Team we have created a DNS server at RHEL6.2 environment in 10.20.203.x/24 network. Everything is going well on linux client as nslookup, ping by host etc in entire subnet. We are getting problem in windows client as nslookup working as well but not ping. all the firewall is disabled and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating pbrun /bin/su not working, whenever manually it is working using putty

I am trying to automate a script where I need to use pbrun /bin/su but for some reason it is not passing thru the pbrun as my code below. . ~/.bash_profile pbrun /bin/su - content c h 1 hpsvn up file path I am executing this from an external .sh file that is pointing to this scripts file... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorgejac
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working web service call not working with curl

Hello, Newbie here, I have a perfectly well working web service call I can issue from chrome (PC Windows 10) and get the results I want (a dimmer being turned on in Fibaro Home Center 2 at level 40) I am not allowed to post urls but the below works with http and :// and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abigbear
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Utilization in HTML format working in one environment and not working on the other

Hi Team, I have written the shell script which returns the result of the disk space filesystems which has crossed the threshold limit in HTML Format. Below mentioned is the script which worked perfectly on QA system. df -h | awk -v host=`hostname` ' BEGIN { print "<table border="4"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harihsun
13 Replies
oss_cmi878x(7)							    OSS Devices 						    oss_cmi878x(7)

NAME
oss_cmi878x - CMedia CMI8788 audio driver. DESCRIPTION
Open Sound System driver for CMedia Electronics CMI8788 audio CMI87xx device characteristics: o 8/16/24/32 bit playback/record o mono/stereo/4ch/5.1/7.1 playback o 8KHz to 192Khz sample rate. The CMedia 8788 device provides 3 types of devices. The first devices is a Multichannel full duplex device. The second device provides Front Panel audio access and the SPDIF device provide SPDIF (Digital) audio I/O. MIXER PANEL The CMedia chip provides some unique features that are set up by the Mixer chip. There are 3 mixer devices presented to the user. Main Mixer Panel (/dev/mixer0) o Master Mixer panel is for controlling output volumes for each of the 8 channels. o Monitor buttons will allow you to monitor the input from the Rear Panel inputs, Front Panel Inputs and SPDIF IN. o Speaker-Spread function duplicates the front channel output on all 8 speakers. o SPDIF Loopback simply takes SPDIF Input and Plays it out the SPDIF Output. panel. AC97 Input Mixer Panel (/dev/mixer1) This mixer panel is used to switch between the various inputs like line-in, mic, cd. When the Rear Panel Monitor button is check marked in the Main mixer panel, the IGAIN slider in this panel controls the level of the input that can be hear on the speakers. AC97 Front Panel Mixer (/dev/mixer2) This mixer controls the front panel ac97 device. It can be used to control all the volumes and inputs as well as SPDIF output on the front panel device. OPTIONS
None FILES
/etc/oss4/conf/oss_cmi878x.conf Device configuration file AUTHOR
4Front Technologies 16 December 2012 oss_cmi878x(7)